Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Will Goldfinger be a competitor?

Originally posted by Race5 View Post
    I guess Mike is going at least somewhat super stocker with it. The wings have been clipped.
    Can you tell if they're clipped from the video? I thought they were too, but thought maybe it's just tips?
    Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Originally posted by GRNDP51 View Post
      Can you tell if they're clipped from the video? I thought they were too, but thought maybe it's just tips?
      It's clipped. Judging by the way that end plate is flanged, there will probably be a tip of some sort added on outboard of that fence.

Comment

Originally posted by Race5 View Post
        It's clipped. Judging by the way that end plate is flanged, there will probably be a tip of some sort added on outboard of that fence.
        I just compared and contrasted and they are definitely clipped. I imagine outside of the end plate will be something aerodynamic like the Super Stangs have...
        Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

The wild card has been played. Goldfinger looks as if it will be showing up in Superstock form. Clipped wings, and tips are verified. (I'm not 100% sure it had full wings on it before, but they are clipped to the normal race length now, with tips.) Cant see much more in the Valley of Speed video on FB, but at the very least, the wings aren't stock.

Will

Comment

Originally posted by RAD2LTR View Post
            The wild card has been played. Goldfinger looks as if it will be showing up in Superstock form. Clipped wings, and tips are verified. (I'm not 100% sure it had full wings on it before, but they are clipped to the normal race length now, with tips.) Cant see much more in the Valley of Speed video on FB, but at the very least, the wings aren't stock.

Will
            I saw pics of it from initial flight testing a year or so back. It had full length wings at the time. I just wonder if he has a race motor and a crew capable of operating it properly...

Comment

The wings are clipped at the first "line" in the Mustang wing from the tips. That's about 2-3 feet isn't it?

And a race engine is important...
              Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

The wings are clipped at the first "line" in the Mustang wing from the tips. That's about 2-3 feet isn't it?

And a race engine is important...
                Wings are definitely clipped, will be interesting to see how the engine turns out. Too bad he doesn’t still own 232, could have won this year...

Comment

Nary a pic on this whole thread?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	gf.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	163.5 KB
ID:	228847

Comment

Originally posted by toldjaso View Post
                      Nary a pic on this whole thread?
                      Race 5 posted a screen cap of the video. It was posted on Facebook. Less than 20 seconds of very close up “teaser” footage. The photo shows all we could really see. The wings are clipped at the production break (2.5 feet off each side) and have metal “fences” similar to what Strega has. Waiting to see if it’ll be capped off or if a fancy wingtip will be added...
                      Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Race 5 posted a screen cap of the video. It was posted on Facebook. Less than 20 seconds of very close up “teaser” footage. The photo shows all we could really see. The wings are clipped at the production break (2.5 feet off each side) and have metal “fences” similar to what Strega has. Waiting to see if it’ll be capped off or if a fancy wingtip will be added...
                        If you have seen the video there is what looks to be a low profile perspex for a canopy there at 0:02 - 0:04 as well
                        race fan, photographer with more cameras than a camera store

Comment

Originally posted by kiwiracefan View Post
                          If you have seen the video there is what looks to be a low profile perspex for a canopy there at 0:02 - 0:04 as well
                          That was one of the FIRST things I noticed when I watched the video yesterday.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Jim View Post
                            That was one of the FIRST things I noticed when I watched the video yesterday.
                            Could be wrong, but that canopy looks similar to something like Lady Jo (or other TF’s) have just without the frame... I know they do TF’s there also so that canopy might not even be for GF.
                            Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Could be wrong, but that canopy looks similar to something like Lady Jo (or other TF’s) have just without the frame... I know they do TF’s there also so that canopy might not even be for GF.
                              Either way, its been a while since we had some intrigue and excitement building up to the air races.

Comment

Originally posted by Desertdawg View Post
                                Either way, its been a while since we had some intrigue and excitement building up to the air races.
                                No this is amazing! We honestly saw nothing outside of the wingtips and the videographer did that on purpose. There’s plastic wrapping all over the rest of the plane and we didn’t get a glimpse at anything besides the fact that the stock canopy is still on as of now. Cloud Dancers canopy could be on the other side of the plane for all we know
                                Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Working...
                                X