Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Model builders- what are you working on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Model builders- what are you working on?

For all the Rare Bear fans out there, check this beauty out. http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-w...bearcat-4.html The one none scale thing is he's still using flaps, but I wouldn't want to land that big heavy 'expensive' plane without flaps either.
    Jason
    Jason Schillereff

Comment

Originally posted by Jason S. View Post
      For all the Rare Bear fans out there, check this beauty out. http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-w...bearcat-4.html The one none scale thing is he's still using flaps, but I wouldn't want to land that big heavy 'expensive' plane without flaps either.
      Jason
      That is the finest R/C I've ever seen!!!

Comment

Here is my current project... My all time favorite..
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by TheRickster View Post
          Here is my current project... My all time favorite..
          That is some of THE finest craftsmanship I have ever seen!!!

Comment

Hello All,

As I mentioned in my Introduction, I recently purchased Paul Fisher's Sea Fury (photo from his website below). He kindly included all the parts I need to build her as a racer... 4-blade prop, proper wheels, no military armament, etc. This will be my first model in a LONG time... since I was a kid, really. I've looked over all the parts, and she is a beauty! I'd like to build her as close to how N13HP looked before her demise, in honor of my son who was flying her at the time. I may be asking for help now and again, so I hope you don't mind.

I'm planning on working on the model during the winter months, and we are just coming out of hibernation now. Actually looking forward to the summer riding weather (I ride a Honda GL1800 whenever I can, with my wonderful wife in the passenger compartment!).

Ron

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-05-08 at 11.12.51 AM.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	35.0 KB
ID:	227612
            (http://www.mcssl.com/store/fishermod...-sea-fury-fb11)

Comment

Originally posted by gto49 View Post
              Hello All,

As I mentioned in my Introduction, I recently purchased Paul Fisher's Sea Fury (photo from his website below). He kindly included all the parts I need to build her as a racer... 4-blade prop, proper wheels, no military armament, etc. This will be my first model in a LONG time... since I was a kid, really. I've looked over all the parts, and she is a beauty! I'd like to build her as close to how N13HP looked before her demise, in honor of my son who was flying her at the time. I may be asking for help now and again, so I hope you don't mind.

I'm planning on working on the model during the winter months, and we are just coming out of hibernation now. Actually looking forward to the summer riding weather (I ride a Honda GL1800 whenever I can, with my wonderful wife in the passenger compartment!).

Ron

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20583[/ATTACH]
              (http://www.mcssl.com/store/fishermod...-sea-fury-fb11)
              I'm looking forward to seeing you build this one!
              N13HP is on my long list of things to build -it should look stellar with the Fisher model as a base!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	10646863_763171980392875_8076567553543843446_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	72.7 KB
ID:	227795

so hear is voodoo all finshed useing one of the 3d printed modle kits i made and the decals should be out soon

Comment

Bumping this thread because I'm building a P-63/Crazy Horse #90 conversion and I'm looking for some pictures from after the plane had been painted white with red wingtips.
                  Last edited by Lon Moer; 10-02-2014, 09:40 PM.
                  remember the Oogahonk!

old school enthusiast of Civiltary Warbirds and Air Racers

Comment

Getting closer....

Rick
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by TheRickster; 09-16-2014, 05:46 PM.

Comment

Nice Rick!
                      Details?

Comment

Nice Rick! Been enjoying the build pics over on RCU. Post more!

Comment

My Skyraider that I mentioned earlier in the thread is now done as well!

It's designated as an AD-6XR (for Experimental Racer like PM). The build features my first time; casting, scratchbuilding, kit-bashing, and vacuum-forming. My brother designed the paint scheme for me and I designed the decals. It's name comes from the battleship the USS Missouri (let's face it's the size of a battleship compare to a P-51 or Bearcat).

Miss A, Miss Behavin, and the 1978 version of the Red Baron also joined my ever growing racer fleet this summer. All three were out of the box builds, the only enhancements I elected for were to foil the props on Miss A & Miss B. I also painted the tail on Miss A like the current livery, the kit called for the old. The four racers join Merlin's Magic, and RRIII which I posted pics of earlier in the thread.

There is also a pic attached of what the Skyraider looked like when I started on it in March of 2013 -those were the only parts I had!

I have 2 more racers currently in progress, one fictional, one real.

Thanks for looking in!
                          Connor
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by BEARCLAW777 View Post
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]21055[/ATTACH]

so hear is voodoo all finshed useing one of the 3d printed modle kits i made and the decals should be out soon
                            So what are the colors of Voodoo?
                            - purple
                            - green
                            - yellow
                            remember the Oogahonk!

old school enthusiast of Civiltary Warbirds and Air Racers

Comment

I'm playing with the idea of attaching a Sea Fury wing to a Hawker Typhoon fuselage and seeing if I can build something that might be plausible. Looking at both the Sea Fury and the Typhoon, despite being very similar designs, the wing of the Typhoon is thicker and narrower. The Sea Fury on the other hand has a fast wing. Would a Typhoon be a fast unlimited? I don't think so with the stock wing, and the radiator/oil cooler hanging down below does give it a lot of frontal area. Still, it would be a different looking racer and might still be cool. Heck, I could get crazy and add a contra rotating prop off a Sea Fire. (Might be an interesting look)

I have to admit, that Skyraider racer is pretty cool

Will

Comment

Originally posted by lon moer View Post
                                So what are the colors of Voodoo?
                                - purple
                                - green
                                - yellow
                                ...and black and white.

Comment

Working...
                                X