• Show
Clear All

Re: Five Days of Racing in 2005?

its melting now not so bad but dont know if it will hit again shawn

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Aro
      its melting now not so bad but dont know if it will hit again shawn
      We had one "scare" up here, I spent about 4 hours at the tire store waiting for them to get to me to change over to my studded tires... It never came and now at this point in the year, at sea level here in the PDX area, probably will not. I almost like it when it snows. 4X4 and studded snow tires makes it fun to go out in it. As long as there is no other traffic close by who dont' have the right tires on!!!

Nothing worse than being totally in control but trapped as somebody slides totally out of control into you!

I remember the Reno winters... VERY cold at almost a mile high! It usually was pretty dry though... snow once in a while but nothing like what you guys got this year! It is good for you in the long run, should not be a water shortage there this year.

Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

i was stuck out in the snow for seven hours after trying to pull my friends out of the snow and getting stuck myself. from 10pm to 5am

that sucked. yikes
        heh heh alriiiight

Comment

Originally posted by matt
          i was stuck out in the snow for seven hours after trying to pull my friends out of the snow and getting stuck myself. from 10pm to 5am

that sucked. yikes
          LOL Matty.. whtcha drivin.. a Jeep?? I'll never forget having to pull a buddy out of a snow bank.. (the only one left for several miles ) in his jeep with my CHEVY!!!

I still don't let him live it down.. haven't seen him in a while but every time I do, I always ask if he's goten that JEEP stuck lately...

"have you gotten a Jeeeep stuck laaattteeeellllyyy"...

PS.. you can change the words to Foooorrrreddd too..

<ducks from worn out jeep and broken ford parts thrown his way by various readers sitting in the room>

Ref.
          "aafo_wsagar - 2 pts off - low blow - ford comment...first down "
          Wayne Sagar
          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Is "Racing Biplane" different from "Biplane" class?
            Monday through Wednesday is when people who have prepaid for tickets can pick them up at Wil Call, otherwise they stand in long lines on Thursday or whenever to get them. RARA has been charging for pit passes (Wed) for some time now. Last year they added racing on Wed, so that was a bonus, because admission was free. Box ticket holders could also come in and pick up the comp pit pass that goes with the Box seats. Box seat, which hold 10 or even a crowded 15, is still a pretty cheap way to go, when you consider you get parking, pit and box seat PLUS they will deliver your ice chest to the box and pick it up at the end of the day. I belong to a group that has purchased two boxes for a couple of years and may add a third box.
            Betty

Comment

Talk about cold...I had to get a sweater, to eat lunch at the local out door cafe...brrr...

Anyway, drifting back ON thread....
              What I'd love to see, is a full week with more ground events. Broader spectrum of static displays and showcase for new designs.
              Had the pleasure to attend the "West Coast Paris" show, (whatever they called it..?), at Brown Field (San Diego), a few years ago. HAD A BLAST, to bad it didn't take. Being contestents, the displays were open to us at non-public hours, so we got to play with some real high tech toy's. Made some new freinds with some CRAZY Russians (they flew the C-5ski, on the Formula coarse, stick shaker going the whole time, and put on a jaw dropping helicopter demo, and we still got in some good racing.
              A little more international flavor, might spice things up...

Paul

Comment

LOL... bringing it back on track ey.. OK..

This might be an unpopular stance but if it would make the purse grow, I've always been an advocate of them (RARA) charging admission for the first few days of "Reno Week" as well as for PRS.

I know we've got to keep it accessable for those who can not afford to pay a lot to get there or they just can't go and a lot of people alreaday can't afford a pit pass. Trust me, the first few years I went to Reno, it was a pretty big burdon on my vacation budget to afford even two days of racing and a pit pass!

But if it increases the purse to a workable level, meaning, if the purse can be brought to a level that a top level team can finish in the top three and leave the races with a good head start on being there and competitive again next year.. then I'd be all for it..

Wayne Sagar
                "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Money's not really the issue for me, but I just like the vibe around Stead that you feel from arrivals Saturday through qualifying. Crowds are light, parking near the pit gate is easy, access is good, and photographic opportunities for the uncredentialled (like me) are much better. I don't want to see that, spoiled is too strong a word, affected.

The racing/airshow schedule is really getting tight and giving some of the classes a head start on Wednesday makes sense, but - for me - the races haven't really started until all the vendors are in place and the airshow has begun.

Rob

Comment

Originally posted by Propellerhead
                    I got my RARA ticket form this week and they mention five days of racing starting on Wednesday. Anyone got any idea what that means to the usual schedule? All classes racing on all days? Staggering of the classes so some more finals are on Saturday? Are they going to start quals on Sunday? Same old Wednesday with general admission?

Anyone heard anything?

Inquiring (obviously) minds want to know...

Rob
                    it's for the if1 and bi plane bronze race, more show time sunday

Comment

Working...
                    X