Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DB Mueller Involved with PV-2 Harpoon Project!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DB Mueller Involved with PV-2 Harpoon Project!

Dave's been talking with us about this project for quite a while and we're excited to be able to see the airplane when completed..

Kudos to to Brother Dave and Air Classics for picking up the story and for permission to post a scan of it here.. !

Attached Files
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: DB Mueller Involved with PV-2 Harpoon Project!

Congrats to Dave Hansen on this exciting project! I'm glad somebody is remembering this forgotten warrior.

Here is an outstanding example of airmanship, when one of the engines had problems on takeoff. The engine seized right as they were landing and the tailwheel malfunctioned as well. It's amazing they were able to get that thing on the ground and keep it under control after those occurrences. Kudos to the crew!

Here is the video of the single engine landing:

Last edited by dvddude; 07-09-2008, 04:45 PM.

Comment

Nice display of airmanship!

Salute

Comment

Originally posted by dvddude
        Congrats to Dave Hansen on this exciting project! I'm glad somebody is remembering this forgotten warrior.

Here is an outstanding example of airmanship, when one of the engines had problems on takeoff. The engine seized right as they were landing and the tailwheel malfunctioned as well. It's amazing they were able to get that thing on the ground and keep it under control after those occurrences. Kudos to the crew!

Here is the video of the single engine landing:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=gjcC9CEyLHE
        Rgr that!! Not sure if this is the video that DB captured, he sent me something similar.. Great project, looks like it's in good hands!

I think Air Classics will be doing an in depth feature on the airplane/project.. Hopefully, we can squeeze a "tiny" one out of Daver!

Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

PV-2 Harpoon Project...right in my own back yard..

I have got to get out more!

Comment

Impressive job getting her back on the ground and saving the plane. Well done! I figured the guys that are involved with the PV-2 "Hot Stuff" would like to see this too (if they haven't already), so I forwarded it to them.
            Mike S
            www.indyairshow.com
            www.indytransponder.com

Comment

Hey Thanks Wayner! You bet - we'll do a little feature for ya as things come together. I've been takin' pics and video along the way. (Yep, that was my video you see - kinda holding my breath during the landing.)

Meanwhile, for more info and pics on the project - visit Dave Hansen's website at www.davescustomsheetmetal.com He's got all sorts of pictures and narrative from day one up until just last month.

Currently we're working on getting the replacement engine ready - should be able to do the change-out next week.

Stay Tuned!

DB
              Attached Files
              DB

Comment

Working...
              X