Mask Up - Open Up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mask Up - Open Up!

Supermarkets, pot stores, liquor stores have been open here in Oregon since the beginning.. I'm in a small town (Astoria) since the beginning, simply by chance.

We've had almost zero cases until some folks decided to attend a wake in a nearby town, then bring the virus back to their workplace at a seafood processing plant in Astoria.

Back on topic to my suggestion!

Went to the store, employees are under requirement to mask up, they (fred meyer/Kroger) have wipers to deal with each cart, each customer. (nice) and they have ample sanitizing wipes.

So, the employees and socially conscious people wear face masks and try to keep away from each other..

I've been to the local supermarket during the rain and off week,

The INLANDERS are flocking here to the coast and have no sense of containment.. NO MASKS

Ending my long winded post, I sincerely believe that we have to open up! BUT.. we also have to MASK UP

Just that simple step that is within OUR control takes a lot of the risk out of this.

Then, we hope we keep the infection rate within manageable levels while life goes on.

Looks soopid.. I get it.. President Trump thinks they look STOOPID too,

Glad I don't have to work directly in contact with him!

Lemme know if I should move this thread to the junk/off topic place that I created for this sort of rant...

Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: Mask Up - Open Up!

Probably shouldn't be in the racing forum, but who cares

https://youtu.be/U7F4bKcVB3g
    Random Air Blog

Comment

Lost in my initial rant, I just think we should make masks mandatory everywhere right now.

I'm the biggest fan of "let the people do what they do" government style but I think that the simple step of mandatory masks, and well maintained sanitizing facilities at fueling stations... everywhere there's physical contact.

This is a LITTLE TINY BUG, it's going to go where it goes, we can slow it, maintain it, but we can't stay shut down!

MASKS MASKS MASKS! Manditory in all stores that are reopening or are open..

Whether you think the whole thing is BS or not. Pretty simple step to maybe take a bite out of the spread.
      Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

I wear my biker bandana every time I go out. Wash is on a regular basis.

No problem what-so-ever for me.

6 months ago you would have gotten shot waking into a store wearing one

Theres enough trashy dirt bags out there who could care less, plus I do not want to catch no Chinese virus, sure there will be more in the future.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4521.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	283.9 KB
ID:	229704

Comment

Originally posted by Samuel View Post
          Probably shouldn't be in the racing forum, but who cares

https://youtu.be/U7F4bKcVB3g
          Thanks for that! The discussion is relevant to the forum for sure, IMHO!! (occurs to me that stuff like IMHO might not translate for everyone) You guys think that we should have a dictionary for crap like IMHO FWIW AFAII

I found a good link!

These are all abbreviations for specific phrases commonly used in informal written computer correspondence, online forums and boards, and online gaming. Foll...
          Wayne Sagar
          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

When I was a Kid & listened to the radio it use to say at the end of the program "Who Was That Masked Man" & of course it was the "Lone Ranger". "Hi Ho Silver Away".
            Lockheed Bob

Comment

The grocery stores here have notices citing the ordinance limiting of the number of customers allowed inside at a time and the requirement of wearing a mask.
              There are marked spaces outside the doors for waiting for people to leave.

And I have seen a couple guys get verbally angry when they were not allowed to enter with no mask.
              remember the Oogahonk!

old school enthusiast of Civiltary Warbirds and Air Racers

Comment

Posted this on another thread but it seems more appropriate here:
                Attached Files
                Owen Ashurst
                Performer Air Boss - Reno Air Races
                http://airbossone.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Desertdawg View Post
                  I wear my biker bandana every time I go out. Wash is on a regular basis.

No problem what-so-ever for me.

6 months ago you would have gotten shot waking into a store wearing one

Theres enough trashy dirt bags out there who could care less, plus I do not want to catch no Chinese virus, sure there will be more in the future.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24684[/ATTACH]
                  Dawg, I might have just figured out why you got the cold shoulder in Jimmy's pit.. PM me!
                  Wayne Sagar
                  "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
                    Supermarkets, pot stores, liquor stores have been open here in Oregon since the beginning.. I'm in a small town (Astoria) since the beginning, simply by chance.

We've had almost zero cases until some folks decided to attend a wake in a nearby town, then bring the virus back to their workplace at a seafood processing plant in Astoria.

Back on topic to my suggestion!

Went to the store, employees are under requirement to mask up, they (fred meyer/Kroger) have wipers to deal with each cart, each customer. (nice) and they have ample sanitizing wipes.

So, the employees and socially conscious people wear face masks and try to keep away from each other..

I've been to the local supermarket during the rain and off week,

The INLANDERS are flocking here to the coast and have no sense of containment.. NO MASKS

Ending my long winded post, I sincerely believe that we have to open up! BUT.. we also have to MASK UP

Just that simple step that is within OUR control takes a lot of the risk out of this.

Then, we hope we keep the infection rate within manageable levels while life goes on.

Looks soopid.. I get it.. President Trump thinks they look STOOPID too,

Glad I don't have to work directly in contact with him!

Lemme know if I should move this thread to the junk/off topic place that I created for this sort of rant...

I'm scouring the web for a mask with the Reno Air Races logo on the front. I wish they'd offer those for sale.

Comment

Originally posted by tedstriker View Post
                      I'm scouring the web for a mask with the Reno Air Races logo on the front. I wish they'd offer those for sale.
                      May see some once RARA determines if we're flying...
                      Owen Ashurst
                      Performer Air Boss - Reno Air Races
                      http://airbossone.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Air Boss View Post
                        May see some once RARA determines if we're flying...
                        Geez, not a bad idea even if we don't fly! Prolly even more so if not, Air Racing is going to need a LOT of help to continue.. actually, realistically,, even best case for us fans, we have them, attendance will surely be down, race entries may well be down..

I guess we'll see what happens with today's *ahem* thing, if there's a huge spike from the rally, which it would seem almost a sure thing, pendulum swings as it does, maybe a national mask thing would be mandated.

Personally, I wear a mask whenever I go inside anywhere, save the hangar and my close friend's homes... that said.. we've been limiting contact to be sure.

My greatest fear this year for our sport and RARA as a governing entity is that the event is on, expenses expended... not enough people show and drink enough beer and buy enough "stuff" to make it a go into the next year.

Unless previous administrators have lied to me, whether or not the weather was hot or cold could mean the difference between finishing in the black on any given year.

I TOTALLY trust the top end at RARA, I know they have the vision to do exactly what's right!

IF they decide that it's best to put this year on hold... It truly will be up to US to not only keep the current fans interested and engaged, but to do just what we (aafo.com) tried to do from day one..

GET MORE FANS INTO THE SPORT!

Man, I don't know if it will be something as simple as taking a nice framed picture of your favorite airplane to your local watering hole and get them to put it on display??

Crap, I might have just hatched a good idea!

I wonder if a merchant was presented with a really cool airplane picture ,would they put it on display??

Naeaaaa.. prolly not

Anyway.. guys like Jason who produces and shares his amazing works and the rest of you who populate the random shot thread that is amazing! ALL the photo threads...

Really, no matter RACE ON or RACE off for RENO 2020

It's going to be tough for our sport and it's going to be up to places like this forum and wherever else the afflicted gather.. We have to spread the disease... the need for speed!

Wow, I just wish there was a way to generate interested like they did in the early days!
                        Wayne Sagar
                        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Also quick thought, when I'm in Portland, I always go to the hardware store that is a Stihl dealer..

I've always been amazed that I've never seen ANY advertising within those dealerships about the Reno National Championship Air Races (I think search engines like those full terms... anything helps)

One way or the other, I think we can all help if we just figure an effective way to spread the word further than we've been able to do with the Internet...
                          Wayne Sagar
                          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

I recently bought a face mask in woodland camo pattern, now when I'm wearing my mask you can't see it.
                            remember the Oogahonk!

old school enthusiast of Civiltary Warbirds and Air Racers

Comment

Hey,

Section 3 already has a mask

Click image for larger version

Name:	HWR_2524.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	200.7 KB
ID:	229811

Comment

Working...
                              X