Happy New Year!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy New Year!

Wishing all you AAFO'ers the happiest of new years! May the most exciting, heart-pounding, incredible experiences you survived in 2019 be the most boring, dull, and so-so experiences you somehow ride-out in the coming new year and new decade!

We're 162 days out from PRS and 258 days out from Race Week..which is very late this year due to the calendar so don't forget to bundle up, troopers! Remember it's a leap year...and we know what that means (lest we forget 2004!).

Happy New Year from San Diego!
    Attached Files
    Owen Ashurst
    Performer Air Boss - Reno Air Races
    http://airbossone.com/

Re: Happy New Year!

Yes. Happy 2020 to all. I'll be 88 in 2020 & hope to be at Reno once again.
    Lockheed Bob

Comment

I'll jump in and say happy 88th to Bob (coming up) I can't remember a time when we were so unsure of our future here in this country but I am optimistic that we'll survive the first year of the 20's we are AMERICA after all!

HAPPY NEW YEAR DON'T DRINK AND DRIVE PLEASE!
      Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
        I'll jump in and say happy 88th to Bob (coming up) I can't remember a time when we were so unsure of our future here in this country but I am optimistic that we'll survive the first year of the 20's we are AMERICA after all!

HAPPY NEW YEAR DON'T DRINK AND DRIVE PLEASE!
        Wayne,

Come-on young man, our great country isn't going no where.

I for one am happy that some feathers have gotten ruffled in the old DC institution.

America is great!

Cheers

Comment

Soooooo, what happened in 2004?

Originally posted by Air Boss View Post
          Wishing all you AAFO'ers the happiest of new years! May the most exciting, heart-pounding, incredible experiences you survived in 2019 be the most boring, dull, and so-so experiences you somehow ride-out in the coming new year and new decade!

We're 162 days out from PRS and 258 days out from Race Week..which is very late this year due to the calendar so don't forget to bundle up, troopers! Remember it's a leap year...and we know what that means (lest we forget 2004!).

Happy New Year from San Diego!

Comment

Originally posted by Lockheed Bob View Post
            Yes. Happy 2020 to all. I'll be 88 in 2020 & hope to be at Reno once again.
            Happy Birthday, Young Man, and many, many more!
            Owen Ashurst

Comment

Originally posted by supercub View Post
              Soooooo, what happened in 2004?
              If I recall correctly it was a very cold weekend with weather concerns that threatened Sunday. Snow on Peavine and surrounding areas and flurries at KRTS and pretty low ceiling. Seem to recall UNL Pace cautioning racers to not go IFR if they have to Mayday.

And with 2004 being a leap year (as is 2020) the calendar puts the Gold Race relatively late in the month. In 2004, the 18th of the month. This year, the 20th.

A sample here.

Classic Reno...doin' the shade dance one day and making snow angels the next!
              Last edited by Air Boss; 01-01-2020, 11:29 AM.
              Owen Ashurst

Comment

Working...
              X