No announcement yet.

Andrew Findlay Article by Eric Tegler!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andrew Findlay Article by Eric Tegler!

I'm always proud to be able to link to anything Eric Tegler or his brother Jan produce! I was fortunate to meet them both when I first started covering the Reno National Championship Air Races and Air Show (shameless plug for search engines lol) and I've always valued that early and ongoing relationship with both of them! I've always valued the links to their adventures that they send me...

Unfortunately, I got behind in my emails during my motorhome trip to RENO and missed a chance to let you all know about Eric Tegler's latest story exploring the sport of Pylon Air Racing!... Eric's done an outstanding job with this piece about Andrew Findlay linked below!

Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: Andrew Findlay Article by Eric Tegler!

Thnks for the link Wayne. This type of article shines a very good light on the sport class. Icing on the cake that the team achieved their goal of winning this year!

...also nice to see the Tegler name(Son's of John I assume).

Comment

Great Article

Comment

Trying to generate as much publicity as possible
        A Hampton Roads man is celebrating his new national championship title after taking first place in the Sports Class at the Stihl National Championship Air Races in Reno, Nevada on Sunday, September 16.

"young" Thomas

http://teamonemoment.com/

Comment

Re: article on Paul Downing

Putting this here because I didn't want to start another thread. Paul flies for Envoy and they sponsored him in his rookie year and just released a nice article about him and the races. I got to fly with Paul earlier this year and hung out in his pit. Fun team that is set on going faster. He has the extended 360 wingtips so he made his own clipped wingtips. Cut his wingspan down by about 2'.
          This May, in celebration of Asian/Pacific American (AAPI) Heritage Month and the many generations fortifying our nation’s historical fabric and playing an important part in our future success, we’ll speak with some of Envoy's amazing leaders to learn more about their culture and how they celebrate AAPI Heritage Month. Let's hear from Sammye-Ann Young who is an Envoy Customer Service Compliance Coordinator at Kona International Airport, HI (KOA). What is your Envoy story? I have been with Envoy Air for one year and eight months. I am the Compliance Coordinator for KOA station and in charge of Internal Control Manual (ICM), Financials and Fuel reconciliation. What is the significance of AAPI Heritage month to you? The significance of the AAPI Heritage month is to highlight the different ethnicity and cultures within our community. We are all taught from a young age to be proud of who we are and where we come from. I am of Hawaiian, Chinese and Portuguese decent though I was mostly raised around my Hawaiian culture and language. I was also blessed to be able to part take in different activities and cultural events of my Chinese ancestry. Being able to bridge that gap between people, culture and language are an important part of who we are as Pacific Islanders. When we can gather to celebrate one ethnicity, we celebrate all because that is how we were all raised. There is a motto here in Hawaii and that is ohana, which means family -- in a family, we learn, grow, live and love as one people. What is your cultural background and how do you like to celebrate it? The culture in which I am most versed in is my Hawaiian culture. I am a cultural practitioner as a Kumu Hula (hula teacher), and I have danced since the age of 3 and it has been 52 years since I walked into my first lesson. I have taught my own hula halau (hula studio) for the past 20 years, which encompasses not just dancing but the art of making our own Implements and costume which at time can take months to create. What advice do you have for young AAPI individuals interested in an aviation career? I would tell the young men and women of these beautiful islands to strive for all that your Kupuna (ancestor/elder) wished for you. They were innovators of their time, and now it is time for you to do the same in this moment of your life. Be someone the Keiki o ka ʻĀina(children of this land) can look up to and emulate. E nānā i ka lani a moeʻuhane ma mua o kāu mau moemoeā hihiu (Look to the sky and dream beyond your wildest dreams). What’s one surprising fact others might not know about you? Most people would never believe that I actually like solitude. I prefer to be home in my own world than to be out in public, being with people or performing.
          Last edited by CubersWrist; 10-15-2018, 01:32 PM.
          "young" Thomas

http://teamonemoment.com/

Comment

Re: article on Paul Downing

Originally posted by CubersWrist View Post
            Putting this here because I didn't want to start another thread. Flew with Paul earlier this year and hung out in his pit. Fun team that is set on going faster. He has the extended 360 wingtips so he made his own clipped wingtips. Cut his wingspan down by about 2'.
            https://www.envoyair.com/2018/10/09/...ot-takes-reno/
            Hello Young-Thomas,

Do you know the name & contact information for the gentleman from the #30 team that is the oil expert? I cannot remember his name and he and I chatted at length during race week. I was trying to get ahold of him.

Sam Swift
            Biplane #3
            Biplane Race #3

Comment

Working...
            X