No announcement yet.

Andrew Findlay Article by Eric Tegler!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andrew Findlay Article by Eric Tegler!

I'm always proud to be able to link to anything Eric Tegler or his brother Jan produce! I was fortunate to meet them both when I first started covering the Reno National Championship Air Races and Air Show (shameless plug for search engines lol) and I've always valued that early and ongoing relationship with both of them! I've always valued the links to their adventures that they send me...

Unfortunately, I got behind in my emails during my motorhome trip to RENO and missed a chance to let you all know about Eric Tegler's latest story exploring the sport of Pylon Air Racing!... Eric's done an outstanding job with this piece about Andrew Findlay linked below!

Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: Andrew Findlay Article by Eric Tegler!

Thnks for the link Wayne. This type of article shines a very good light on the sport class. Icing on the cake that the team achieved their goal of winning this year!

...also nice to see the Tegler name(Son's of John I assume).

Comment

Great Article

Comment

Trying to generate as much publicity as possible
        A Hampton Roads man is celebrating his new national championship title after taking first place in the Sports Class at the Stihl National Championship Air Races in Reno, Nevada on Sunday, September 16.

"young" Thomas

http://teamonemoment.com/

Comment

Re: article on Paul Downing

Putting this here because I didn't want to start another thread. Paul flies for Envoy and they sponsored him in his rookie year and just released a nice article about him and the races. I got to fly with Paul earlier this year and hung out in his pit. Fun team that is set on going faster. He has the extended 360 wingtips so he made his own clipped wingtips. Cut his wingspan down by about 2'.
          This May, in celebration of Asian/Pacific American (AAPI) Heritage Month and the many generations fortifying our nation’s historical fabric and playing an important part in our future success, we’ll speak with some of Envoy's amazing leaders to learn more about their culture and how they celebrate AAPI Heritage Month. Let's hear from Celzo Wanamaker who is an Envoy Manager of Baggage Services at Los Angeles International Airport (LAX). What is your Envoy story? I have been with Envoy for four years now! My current responsibility with the company is managing our baggage team -- all of our baggage-transfer drivers and piers, as well as the expeditors who oversee baggage analytics and rerouting bags with their owners. What is the significance of AAPI Heritage month to you? AAPI heritage month has recently been a huge focus in my life, including only speaking Samoan during Samoan Language Week. AAPI Heritage Month is a time when we can share our culture to all of those around us, and teach them who we are and where we come from. What is your cultural background and how do you like to celebrate it? My cultural background is half Samoan and a mix of Italian and German. As a kid growing up in Independence, Mo., we hosted our own Samoan flag days and cultural events annually that I always participated in. These events include the We Are Samoa Festival and annual fire-knife championship. As a kid, I grew up learning the Samoan language and culture in everything that we do in life. What advice do you have for young AAPI individuals interested in an aviation career? My advice for young AAPI individuals is to do the little things even when no one is watching -- integrity and hard work builds respect. If you want to succeed and do bigger things, you must earn it; it will never just be handed to you. For those specifically wanting to get into an aviation career, start from the bottom at an entry-level job, like I did eight years ago. Take every opportunity you get to do something better. What’s one surprising fact others might not know about you? One surprising fact about me that others may not know is that although I was born and raised thousands of miles away from where my bloodline comes from, I still continue a lot of those traditions today. Not only the food, the dancing, the language, but also the respect for how our elders and ancestors once lived their lives.
          Last edited by CubersWrist; 10-15-2018, 01:32 PM.
          "young" Thomas

http://teamonemoment.com/

Comment

Re: article on Paul Downing

Originally posted by CubersWrist View Post
            Putting this here because I didn't want to start another thread. Flew with Paul earlier this year and hung out in his pit. Fun team that is set on going faster. He has the extended 360 wingtips so he made his own clipped wingtips. Cut his wingspan down by about 2'.
            https://www.envoyair.com/2018/10/09/...ot-takes-reno/
            Hello Young-Thomas,

Do you know the name & contact information for the gentleman from the #30 team that is the oil expert? I cannot remember his name and he and I chatted at length during race week. I was trying to get ahold of him.

Sam Swift
            Biplane #3
            Biplane Race #3

Comment

Working...
            X