Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reno 2018 Photo thread. Post what you shot, the more the better.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reno 2018 Photo thread. Post what you shot, the more the better.

I think that should do for an opener

Will
    Attached Files

Re: Reno 2018 Photo thread. Post what you shot, the more the better.

I love those shots! Thanks to all the photographers who make us feel like we are there!
    Random Air Blog

Comment

Rad, Will. That shot of the 3 is wild. Thanks for sharing those.

From the iPhone files...

That Friday sky was crazy.
      Attached Files
      You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

Originally posted by Fence Sence View Post
        Rad, Will. That shot of the 3 is wild. Thanks for sharing those.

From the iPhone files...

That Friday sky was crazy.
        Which shot, the harsh black and white, or one the two that I shot at 1/40, at 500mm? (I still can't believe I pulled those off.)

I have lots more to share, I had a very good year behind the lens this year. Sunsets, sunrises, from the hillside, or from the pylons, I shot a ton of amazing stuff. It was a case of being a bit off all year and suddenly at Reno everything falling into place. It seemed like there were times were I couldn't shoot a bad shot no matter what ridiculous shutter speed I shot. I've got lots taken at 1/100, a good number at 1/80, quite a few at 1/60 and enough at 1/40 for it to be a viable speed to shoot at. (I remember the days when I thought I was doing pretty well to get a stationary subject at 1/40 with a short lens let alone a moving one at 500mm.)

How slow do you need to go to get a full prop blur on Dreadnought? 1/60 sec.

Goldfinger really does look great against a dark background.

The photo shoot with Full Noise was awesome. So thrilled I was able to make that happen.

Will

Comment

Oh... My... Goodness

Originally posted by RAD2LTR View Post
          The photo shoot with Full Noise was awesome. So thrilled I was able to make that happen.
          Will

Comment

A few of the better shots from the old 10D.

Last edited by jraquet; 09-19-2018, 09:53 PM.

Comment

1/40 @ 500?! Gnarly. I was talking about the B&W until you said that. Ya that one.

Comment

Originally posted by jraquet View Post
                A few of the better shots from the old 10D.
                Great shots of Andrew. What a great win.

Comment

Screen grab from an iPhone video.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Will,

Outstanding shots young man. The 3 on the ramp with Full Noise are your money shots.

Thanks for sharing.

Comment

I got a few more done last night.

Will

Comment

It may be a while before I really go through my pics. Too many other projects. But here are a few I could not resist processing while I was getting something else from the folder.

Note the oil on the belly and cowling. Also, the right gear door is partially open.

Last edited by W J Pearce; 09-21-2018, 08:28 AM.
                        Bill Pearce

Old Machine Press
                        Blue Thunder Air Racing (in memoriam)

Comment

Originally posted by W J Pearce View Post

Awesome pics from you guys. These ones are always my favorite. Where else can you see this other than Reno! 5 Sea Furies with all 4 different engines represented, the only 2 (I think) flying clipped-wing but not full race Mustangs, and a little Yak at her only US appearance of the year. Long Live Reno
                          Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Bill,
                            Those shots are awesome! I really dig that first one.

Will

Comment

I, for one, was TRUELY looking forward to this thread! I'm NOT disappointed! Keep 'em coming! And, Thank You for the monumental effort to photograph, process and post!
                              Eddie's Airplane Patch-Birthplace of the "Sonic Boom".......and I'm reminded every friggin' day!

Comment

Working...
                              X