• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Blue Skies

Shawn
    Attached Files

Comment

Damn it I hate to hear that. I met him in the off season of 94 or 95. While snow skiing in Heavenly I went to look for the hibernating Bear and I stumbled upon his Hanger. He talked with this newbie airrace fan for an hour. Super nice guy... Blue Skies!!
      Bear..... and now Ghost Fever Forever...... John

Comment

Originally posted by Race5 View Post
        Name has already been reported by the local news: http://www.ktvn.com/story/38090173/r...-stead-airport
        Correct, it had not been at time of writing..
        Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by Leo View Post
          and who can forget the epic race between John and Darryl places changed every lap, what a sight.
          In 2004? Any pictures or video of that race? I can't find much for sport class.
          "young" Thomas

http://teamonemoment.com/

Comment

Brad Haskin had a video he made and called "Bradfire" that has the whole race from the infield. All my video is in a big trunk that I cannot access in my current condition...
            It also had probably the best race ever between Al Goss and Mary Dilda. Same idea, neck and neck and multiple passes.
            Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
            airplanenutleo@gmail.com
            thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Originally posted by CubersWrist View Post
              In 2004? Any pictures or video of that race? I can't find much for sport class.
              Yes, 2004. It ended with Parker taking the celebratory firetruck ride with Greenamyer.

Bill Pearce

Old Machine Press
              Blue Thunder Air Racing (in memoriam)

Comment

Very sad. He was always one of the guys I cheered for. RIP.

Kevin

Comment

I’ve been unable to find any memorial info. Anyone?
                  You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

They had one today at Stead in the hanger that had about 4 F1's being worked on & Thunder Mustang # 62 with a 3 bladed prop was outside on display. The FAA man was there & he said he would have a report on the accident at the PRS. I don't know if this was a formal memorial or just a get together in John's honor.
                    Lockheed Bob

Comment

Damn. Blue Skies J.P.

End of an Era.

Comment

Re: Blue Skies John Parker

Sad news indeed! JP was a great man and never said no when it came time to help another team. Any info on the cause? I do not use FB anymore.

Comment

There is supposed to be a prelim out soon. Until then I am treating everything I know as "informed rumor" and keeping it close.
                          Does anyone know if he owned the rights to the Thunder Mustang and if so is American Air Racing to continue with it? Would be an additional loss if the type was to pass away with him.
                          Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
                          airplanenutleo@gmail.com
                          thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Originally posted by Leo View Post
                            There is supposed to be a prelim out soon. Until then I am treating everything I know as "informed rumor" and keeping it close.
                            Does anyone know if he owned the rights to the Thunder Mustang and if so is American Air Racing to continue with it? Would be an additional loss if the type was to pass away with him.
                            AAR owned the Thunder Mustang rights. Not sure what the future plans are.

Comment

Originally posted by Race5 View Post
                              AAR owned the Thunder Mustang rights. Not sure what the future plans are.
                              AAR does not own the Thunder Mustang rights....The "TBG" Thunder Builders Group owned the molds and resources to produce the plane and that was sold to Dean Holt who resides in Washington.....Last I heard he was working on a V12 design to keep it all inhouse production....Losing John is heartbreaking for all that has met him,if it wasn't for John taking me in as part of the Blue Crew back in 2004 I probably would have never got started in aviation...will miss are talks and his phrases but most of all our friendship..Blue Skies John....per john Perfection is the minimum standard!!
                              Jim Adams
                              Blue Thunder 2 crew
                              Picabo race 51 crew
                              Rapid Travel race 75 crew

Comment

John was easily one of the most approachable people in the pits. I always made a point to spend time in thunder mustang alley and he always noticed and engaged me. I believe he truly wanted to share his love of aviation with every single person he could. His work on the thunder mustang product and its ability to bring something almost untouchable as a real P-51 to the general aviation public speaks to that.

When Blue I was lost I was happy to help out with a donation for Blue II as were many others. I like to think that he was surprised by the massive response he got to that, and hope he understood that we were just giving back for everything he had done for us fans.

I will be in thunder mustang alley again this year, and John Parker will be in my heart and mind.

Comment

Working...
                                X