Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
    airplanenutleo@gmail.com
    thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Re: Strega.....

Originally posted by Leo View Post
      I'll play!
      But it needs a propeller on the top...
      You'll need to talk to Betty Sherman about that...as she annointed me with it a couple years ago.

Comment

I'll play!

Depending on what flavor of "Homer" the fan is, that propeller would have either 4 black blades, or 4 polished blades, or 3 really wide chord white blades

Comment

I'll play!
          Hummn.. mulls idea for next generation AAFO hats.....
          Wayne Sagar
          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Put one on it and my wife would buy me one. That's how she sees me during race week anyway...
            Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
            airplanenutleo@gmail.com
            thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

It does have propellers - 3 of them - there are 4 airplanes and a tassel zip-tied to the top!!

One-of-a-kind, for the one-of-a-kind local resident expert/historian of toys with big engines.

He and his other-brother Randy (Goss) also have (or had...) propellar beanies many years ago.
              Last edited by ShermB; 05-08-2012, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Let's give Grampi a link to Scotty's place. We can sick Speedy on him.

Comment

I visit many sites, for differing reasons. This site is the only one that seems to have pissing matches more often. Maybe an age difference. Jes sayin'.

Comment

Originally posted by ShermB View Post
                    I visit many sites, for differing reasons. This site is the only one that seems to have pissing matches more often. Maybe an age difference. Jes sayin'.
                    Or a difference in traffic.

Comment

Originally posted by ShermB View Post
                      Sorry Betty, but I don't agree... for the most part, we're pretty calm here.. Sometimes I let things go too long and this is what happens but.. for the most part, I think I'm fairly proactive here and in fact, have been critisized in the past for being too strict..

I've been moderating chat rooms and forums since before I was even on the Internet proper (for three years on Compuserve network back in the mid 90's) Trust me, if you let folks talk with their fingers, there will be issues like this....
                      Wayne Sagar
                      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

I've been admin for a few videogame-related websites since 2002, and I can say that AAFO is like a piece of heaven in comparison.

Comment

I don't think AAFO can even approach the WIX hanger when it comes to petty arguements, issues that just won't die, and trolls that need to stay under their bridges. Having said that, I really enjoy WIX for the incredible amount of knowledge and archival information that exists there. The same reasons that AAFO is my favorite of them all!

Kevin

Comment

I'm fairly new to this site, but have to agree with that opinion. The quality of the discussion here rates very high when compared to other sites.

I noticed that early on, here the topics and feedback knowledge is over the top.

Last edited by Desertdawg; 05-11-2012, 07:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by FuryFan View Post
                              I don't think AAFO can even approach the WIX hanger when it comes to petty arguements, issues that just won't die, and trolls that need to stay under their bridges. Having said that, I really enjoy WIX for the incredible amount of knowledge and archival information that exists there. The same reasons that AAFO is my favorite of them all!
                              Kevin
                              Absolutely true. Thank you FuryFan! I just didn't think I should be the first to say it because I've only been here at AAFO 820 days, 3 hrs, 33 min, and 3 seconds...

Query: ShermB, what, where, and who are these sites that don't have pissing matches like any family does once in a while? And how much activity do said sites have?
                              I am just curious because somehow I seem to have missed them.

Thanks, Chuck Roundy
                              Carbon is groovy man...

Comment

FWIW, if anyone would like to experience an internet forum that is only slightly less harmonious than a lunch with the Dali Lama, check out VintageMachinery.org aka owwm.org. That's if you like old wood working machines or old metal working machines.

Kevin

Comment

Working...
                                X