Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Strega.....

Originally posted by stuntflyr View Post
    I think Grampi is just Wayne playing a trick on us.
    Chris...
    Oh lordy noooooo!

Once suspended.... though I don't like suspensions, I'm pondering my next move at this moment.......
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

I've been lurking/posting on this site for a few years and I've never seen anyone actually get "angry". Frustrated and annoyed? Yes, but never actual anger. Getting worked up over somebodies opinion on an internet forum is futile. This particular subject is, and should be, a great debate.

Comment

Oh yes, I agree with that. He's just fun, not hurting anyone. I spend about 60 seconds per visit to the site at a time and it's just a fun diversion. We're not solving world hunger here!
        Chris...

Comment

When someone posts something I dont like or I think is being a troll, I jsut move on, well most of the time. I personally dont think Grampi should be banned, he was just speaking his mind.

Remember, we have a choice to not reply. Just like we have a choice to not get upset about anothers posts.

Comment

Originally posted by grampi View Post
            No it's not...mph is mph.....
            Ignorance is bliss!

Comment

Originally posted by stuntflyr View Post
              Oh yes, I agree with that. He's just fun, not hurting anyone. I spend about 60 seconds per visit to the site at a time and it's just a fun diversion. We're not solving world hunger here!
              Chris...
              Personally, I agree strongly with your view. -But- when someone (myself included) takes a troll to task with a reality check (even carefully), I have seen people post that they are concerned how the whole thing starts to look to the racers that we certainly want to keep coming here. My gut feeling is that the racers and crew have a better sense of humor, and a thicker skin than some of us give them credit for (with only rare exceptions), and generally just take the silly opinions, and the discussion they generate, as free entertainment.
              That said, what it boils down to for me, is that when a troll's litany / diatribe / obsession keeps cropping up, I find myself tasked with mustering restraint and forbearance that trolls don't bother with, just to make sure that I don't upset innocent forum members that have voiced concern about the tone of the threads.

Do I think a few of our members could use a thicker skin themselves? -Possibly.
              Is it my right to judge them though? -Absolutely not.

Do I think grampi should be booted? Not if it is humanly possible to get through to him, to foster at least an honest effort in him to consider whether he is treating people's opinions with the kind of respect he wants for his own, before hitting the "submit reply" button when he posts.

That said, I once P.M.ed Wayne my heart felt opinion regarding a certain matter, and his response to me was not only totally above and beyond anything I could have deserved; It made me realize that the level of wisdom, skill, and effort he brings to bear in his stewardship of the forum is flat out awesome. And as a result, personally, I will forever trust his judgments and decisions regarding his forum, whether I know all his reasons or not.
              Carbon is groovy man...

Comment

Hey Roundy, yer check is in the mail....

Thank You!
                Wayne Sagar
                "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

WAYNE'S THE GROOVIEST!!!

KEVIN

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
                    Hey Roundy, yer check is in the mail....

Thank You!
                    Aww shucks Mister Electron Pusher, just tellin' the truth.
                    Couldn't see any honorable way to git around it...........
                    Carbon is groovy man...

Comment

The green Paint job on Rare Bear was the fastest paint job.

Comment

^^^

Until he blew a piston!

Comment

Originally posted by RichH View Post
                          ^^^

Until he blew a piston!

Paint is paint, there is no difference.

Comment

LOL
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by flyingjibus View Post
                              Paint is paint, there is no difference.
                              Oh I dont know about that, some paint jobs are much faster than others. Lets use Riff Raff for example, its last paint job was 50% faster than its old paint.
                              Last edited by Bob; 05-07-2012, 11:58 AM. Reason: fat finger syndrome flare up.

Comment

Then how is it that last time Rare Bear won it was wearing the ugliest scheme it ever had?

Comment

Working...
                                X