Howard Pardue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Howard Pardue

RIP, Mr. Pardue. May your eternal flight west be CAVU for all time. You are missed already and more so each day. We are greater for knowing you and the lesser at your loss.

Rest well. The roll call for Reno Air Races in heaven has just gained another legend...say hello to Jimmy and all those who preceeded you.

'Til we pass Home Pylon on our final lap...
    Owen Ashurst
    Performer Air Boss - Reno Air Races
    http://airbossone.com/

Comment

Some of Howards flying skills from reno in 1996

Stu Eberhardt wins the 1996 Reno Air Racing Unlimited Silver event with a course speed of 375.06MPH.For more information on Stu, the team, and the aircraft, ...
      Last edited by Bob; 04-04-2012, 06:36 PM. Reason: whooops

Comment

He was one of the greats! A couple of years ago, I asked one of the crew if I could get a pic of my son next to the plane behind the tape. She answered yes and said that she would be right back. She returned with Howard who not only took a picture with my son, but gave him a very nice metal Bearcat pin. He talked with us for ten minutes or so, and I will swear to this day that he mad us feel like we were long time friends. We are praying for his family. Thanks Howard for the memories, and the pin!
        Tony

Comment

Had the pleasure to see Mr Pardue preform as a kid and never forget it

Blues skies and tailwinds Howard Pardue

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Jim View Post
            I am hearing tragic news out of Breckenridge, Texas today that Howard Pardue was killed in the crash of his F8F-1 Bearcat N14HP.

Details will follow, I'm sure.

Howard was a LOT of fun and a great character. He will be missed.

RIP, my friend.
            We lost another icon! RIP Mr. Pardue, you will be missed

Blue Skies

Comment

What a great loss. Howard was a Hero to so many...so many he never met so many he did. He somehow had the money to do what so many of us dream of doing. He saved many planes from the scrapper and had a unequaled skill for flying these high performance machines. Does anyone have any info on what happened? I hate it for him, for his friends and family and fans. I also hate it for aviation as I bet someone will try to make a deal about him being 77. When in the end I bet it has nothing to do with age. If I ever got to fly in a high performance warbird I would have wanted Howard at the controls...a true professional. RIP Howard Pardue.

Comment

I am just numb. What else can I add to everyone elses posts but Rest in Peace dear sir. I will miss you greatly, as will so many.

Comment

My kids and I met him at an airshow in Waco in either 03 or 04. Great guy. Flew that plane smooth as silk. Blue skies sir. Texas has lost a great one.
                  John

Loves airplanes and runs freight trains.

Comment

My kids and I met him at an airshow in Waco in either 03 or 04. Great guy. Flew that plane smooth as silk. Blue skies sir. Texas has lost a great one.
                    John

Loves airplanes and runs freight trains.

Comment

Howards victory roll after every race is probably my most vivid memory of over 25 years of attending the races. May God rest his soul.

Comment

I woke up to this news, and I already know it's just not going to be a good day. Howard will definatly be missed! Being from Texas myself, I always rooted for Howard. One of the nicest guys ever at the races!

Blue skies forever Marine!

Race 29
                        Full throttle till you see God, then turn left!

Comment

My wife woke me up to tell me this very sad news. Howard will fly with the angels.

I had the pleasure of seeing Howard fly his Corsair at Oshkosh in 1978 as a teenager. I took a few pictures and sent them to the CAF to find out who owned that Corsair. I received a nice letter from Mr. Pardue thanking me for the pictures. When my dad and I went to Harlingen that year we meet Howard, He is one of the reasons I joined the CAF so long ago. Years later at Reno everytime in the pits I would stop by Howard's place and he'd remember me saying Hi David and then ask how my dad was doing. A wonderful and warm gentleman. Blue Skys Howard.

David Fahl
                          Dave

Comment

Sad News.

Just numb.

Comment

Just got the news from a co-worker and former CAF volunteer. A great loss to the warbird and airshow community. The "aerial ballet" routine he performed in everything from his Wildcat to 'Fury' was just amazing. I never had the chance to talk with him, but I've seen the show several times.

My condolences to his friends and family.

Comment

I never saw him put a wing wrong. As solid as solid can get. What a stick. Gonna miss you Howard.

One more pass...
                                Attached Files
                                You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

Working...
                                X