Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Looking for photos of old racing Bearcats

Originally posted by stuntflyr View Post
    Thanks for the pictures, John. Man, those Mustang's look good with the flaps up!
    Chris...
    Yeah, but don't you think it's kind of cool when a Mustang starts to crank up and the pocket goors retract and the flaps come up?
    John Slack

Comment

Originally posted by BellCobraIV View Post
      Yeah, but don't you think it's kind of cool when a Mustang starts to crank up and the pocket goors retract and the flaps come up?
      I seem to recall a certain mutual friend of me, Chris, and John who always insisted that the planes he worked with be parked with the flaps and doors up because it 'looked like sh*t with all that stuff hanging down' sitting in the pits.

Comment

Did you happen to witness the crowd fly over, remember how low those stands were? Between the old flagpoles, it was scary.
        That was my first race, Chris....so as a kid, I didn't know any better. It wasn't until later that I appreciated what had happened. I just thought it was cool. And cold.

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Jim View Post
          I seem to recall a certain mutual friend of me, Chris, and John who always insisted that the planes he worked with be parked with the flaps and doors up because it 'looked like sh*t with all that stuff hanging down' sitting in the pits.
          "What?!? I find a picture out of history, with "THE MAN" in front of a line of Bearcats and your still stuck on the flaps and gear doors.
          John Slack

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Here is a video of Big Jim and BCIV looking through boxes of slides the other day.....

Comment

Here are a couple of Smirnoff's from my collection to add to Sledge's....
              My big disappointment with the pylon bar. All I need to say.
              John Slack

Comment

"What?!? I find a picture out of history, with "THE MAN" in front of a line of Bearcats and your still stuck on the flaps and gear doors.
                Wasn't it Scoville who said "Yeah, but what have you done LATELY?"
                Last edited by Big_Jim; 04-03-2012, 08:30 AM.

Comment

Really neat stuff guys. We don't see those kind of quality shots from '64 very often!

Thanks!

Joseph

Comment

Originally posted by Idaho_cowpony View Post
                    Really neat stuff guys. We don't see those kind of quality shots from '64 very often!

Thanks!

Joseph
                    Thanks for the question, it started Big Jim and I through some boxes and Memories.
                    John Slack

Comment

Wasn't it Scoville who said "Yeah, but what have you done LATELY?"
                      Nice Guy
                      John Slack

Comment

The first picture is of "THE MAN" in front of the breed of machine he would build into a world beater, Able Cat was still just a 2 year old wreck, that was four years off into the unknown future then. The next year he would have a ride with Richard Vartanian in N66111. But for 1964 he was a crewman for Clay Lacy.
                        Look at that hair on Lyle's head!

I guess he had heard from many a person about the Valparaiso wreck, but when Mike Geren and Dad were in captain school (summer of '67), Lyle was getting much input from them and others about the airplane and other options such as the FL Mustang. I just saw some 8 1/2 X 11 B&W Glossies of N45Y in an album that came from that period.
                        We'd have some neat stuff if the old albums were consolidated.

What've I done lately? Paid the bills, man. Paid the bills.

Chris...
                        Last edited by stuntflyr; 04-03-2012, 10:36 AM.

Comment

Look at that hair on Lyle's head!

I guess he had heard from many a person about the Valparaiso wreck, but when Mike Geren and Dad were in captain school (summer of '67), Lyle was getting much input from them and others about the airplane and other options such as the FL Mustang. I just saw some 8 1/2 X 11 B&W Glossies of N45Y in an album that came from that period.
                          We'd have some neat stuff if the old albums were consolidated.

What've I done lately? Paid the bills, man. Paid the bills.

Chris...
                          You know...John and I actually found some slides that, during the ensuing discussion, it was agreed that YOU would have a great appreciation for.

Comment

Would love to whatever you guys come up with.
                            Chris...

Comment

Yeah, but don't you think it's kind of cool when a Mustang starts to crank up and the pocket doors retract and the flaps come up?
                              That single thing has stuck in my mind as one of the coolest things I'd ever seen when I first saw it... it's still fascinating.. Actually gear cycles are mechanical poetry every time!

There's a scene somewhere in the cuttings from TOR where the camera has "an in front of" low light (in the sky low) shot looking back at the f2g and either a gear retract or extend... visible compression waves coming off the wings/etc.. pure art!

Thanks for making me think of one of the big reasons I like our sport BC4!
                              Wayne Sagar
                              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

whupps... just realized that I'm gettin' into my "machine's have a soul" state of mind.........

Wayne Sagar
                                "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
                                X