X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rare Bear Speed Record Attempt This Year

In the words of the late, great Randy Scoville:

"Yes...but what have you done LATELY?"

Now, will you guys just knock it off? This thread has gone beyond it's worth. We've all stated our opinions and shown how far we can piss. Now it's like kids arguing on the playground. My neck is more tired than being at a tennis match.

Reasoning, logic, and fact left the conversation a long time ago and now it's "Oh yeah?" "YEAH!"

Grampi thinks the planes are fast and given the right circumstances can go break the 3km. Let the man have his opinion.

There is a reason the record has stood as long as it has. If anyone wants to step up and go for the record, best of luck. Until then...gads, just let it go.
    Last edited by Big_Jim; 03-06-2012, 12:36 PM.

Comment

Yeah, well my piss has been clocked at 550 at Reno, but it was only half a lap and it was hand timed. I feel better now!

Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by FuryFan View Post
        Yeah, well my piss has been clocked at 550 at Reno, but it was only half a lap and it was hand timed. I feel better now!

Kevin
        With apologies to Bucky for the photo.....Kevin, have you utilized the organizer-supplied half-lap timing sheet? If not, it doesn't count.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
          Ummn... Several crew, at least one pilot and, rarely, at least, one owner drop by here.. I was hoping that things might be overtaken by a bit of a deep breath within this thread...

If we're patient... never know, some of the usual suspects might join in and slice us off a few ounces of info... Pilot= stick in hand, Wrench=toolz in hand on the front lines info. (never know??)

With some luck, we might get some "off radar" commentary from the folks with their hands gettin' dirty!

Let 'em talk.. you never know...

Umm, The 500mph piss storm is such good messy fun, and really helps kill time waiting for news, that I hate to risk hijacking the thread away from the golden deluge -BUT- has anyone heard any more specifics of the upcoming attempt yet?

P.S. I'm actually starting to wonder if some of the "folks gettin' their hands dirty" are'nt laughing their a**es off so hard watching us hydro-blast each other that they can't bear to risk ruining the show by posting anything.

What say you Team Bear? Surely by now its somewhat clear that the reasons for our need to know are as pure as driven yellow snow.

If and when you guys can share any strategy, tactics, and technical considerations regarding the upcoming attempt, We will promise to get cleaned up real good before hugging y'all.

Even if its just to early to talk yet, thanks in advance hopefully!
          Chuck Roundy
          Carbon is groovy man...

Comment

Thanks for bringing the half lap up. Under that theory, September Fury should also be considered faster than the Bear. Maybe someone could pony up and set the 1 1/2 kilometer record.

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Jim View Post
              With apologies to Bucky for the photo.....Kevin, have you utilized the organizer-supplied half-lap timing sheet? If not, it doesn't count.
              No I didn't! This record setting is really difficult......just when I thought I had a leg up on the world.......!

Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by C_roundy View Post
                <---snip--->P.S. I'm actually starting to wonder if some of the "folks gettin' their hands dirty" are'nt laughing their a**es off so hard watching us hydro-blast each other that they can't bear to risk ruining the show by posting anything. <---/snip--->
                Uh Huh.....
                Wayne Sagar
                "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by grampi View Post
                  Speed is speed and if Bear was faster, it would be winning at Reno...
                  Grampi... I know by your IP address location (shows that you work somewhere and visit from there) that you are an adult, presumably a responsible one...

As I review your history of posts... I'm, not-so-slowly, coming to the conclusion that you are one who just posts s h i t to stir the pot...

Izzat so???

for now, your posts are somewhat entertaining...
                  Wayne Sagar
                  "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Grampi... I know by your IP address location (shows that you work somewhere and visit from there) that you are an adult, presumably a responsible one...

As I review your history of posts... I'm, not-so-slowly, coming to the conclusion that you are one who just posts s h i t to stir the pot...

Izzat so???

That kind of rhetoric is stirring the pot as well and would have better served you in private messaging.
                    Last edited by IcePaq; 03-07-2012, 04:56 AM.

Comment

Izzat so???

I suppose I get a little bit of enjoyment out of poking fun at you Bear homers.....I'm just not one who believes Bear is so fast that no one else should even bother going for the record...

Comment

Originally posted by grampi View Post
                        I suppose I get a little bit of enjoyment out of poking fun at you Bear homers.....I'm just not one who believes Bear is so fast that no one else should even bother going for the record...
                        Oh for pity's sake, we all know, that you know, no one is saying that. Quite the opposite in fact. Repeatedly in this thread that your still posting to, people clearly state their hopes are to see all the airplanes and teams achieve the best they can. We all know, that you know that, because in response, you try to make excuses why no other airplanes have increased the record in all these years.

Point of fact: Regardless of whatever your issues really are, the title of this thread is "Rare Bear Speed Record Attempt This Year". If it upsets you soo much that Team Bear is willing to step up to the plate and make an effort, we all know, that you know, there is no one forcing you to read about it.

Whether your willing to admit it or not, we all know, that you know, you've run out of steam here regarding your agenda, and certainly have not even tried to say anything useful regarding this thread's subject.....

I have an idea, just simply ask yourself, do I have ANYTHING useful to say aboiut the thread's subject...

All that said, regardless of your feelings toward people that have no problem appreciating the continuing accomplishments of a lowly Grumman IronWorks BearKitty, I do wish you a good day.
                        Carbon is groovy man...

Comment

All this banter aside, does anyone know when and where? Can the public watch?
                          I hope the tone and direction of all of this does not keep us from eventually hearing about and being able to go and support WHOMEVER trys for the prize.
                          Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
                          airplanenutleo@gmail.com
                          thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Originally posted by C_roundy View Post
                            Oh for pity's sake, we all know, that you know, no one is saying that. Quite the opposite in fact. Repeatedly in this thread that your still posting to, people clearly state their hopes are to see all the airplanes and teams achieve the best they can. We all know, that you know that, because in response, you try to make excuses why no other airplanes have increased the record in all these years.

Point of fact: Regardless of whatever your issues really are, the title of this thread is "Rare Bear Speed Record Attempt This Year". If it upsets you soo much that Team Bear is willing to step up to the plate and make an effort, we all know, that you know, there is no one forcing you to read about it.

Whether your willing to admit it or not, we all know, that you know, you've run out of steam here regarding your agenda, and certainly have not even tried to say anything useful regarding this thread's subject.....

I have an idea, just simply ask yourself, do I have ANYTHING useful to say aboiut the thread's subject...

All that said, regardless of your feelings toward people that have no problem appreciating the continuing accomplishments of a lowly Grumman IronWorks BearKitty, I do wish you a good day.
                            It's nice of you to speak for everyone in this thread...even though I think you're wrong about some people...I believe there are people in this thread who are such RB homers they believe any attempt at breaking the current record by anyone except RB is futile....now, I would love to see RB attempt to break their own record and succeed, as I would love to see others do as well....

Comment

Originally posted by IcePaq View Post
                              That kind of rhetoric is stirring the pot as well and would have better served you in private messaging.
                              Probably, but "grumpie" and I have gone that route in the past and I felt a bit.... more stern at the time I wrote that... and.. for the record (re your first unedited version of post, which is what I get in my email) I am almost 61 but, happily, quite immature for my age.....

Moving along........
                              Wayne Sagar
                              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by Leo View Post
                                All this banter aside, does anyone know when and where? Can the public watch?
                                More info will be coming.

It will happen at a public airport, so anyone wanting to make the journey will be able to watch it.

Comment

Working...
                                X