yak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yak

don't know if this is the yak that sean flies in reno.....

DelmarvaNow focuses on in-depth and breaking news, sports, things to do at the beach and features on Delmarva, including Salisbury Md., Ocean City Maryland, Delaware beaches and the Eastern Shore of Virginia.?

AAAHHHHH SSH*&^T.
    ECVSteve
    E Clampus Vitus SST #1827, #1850
    Reno Fan since around "82"

Comment

Originally posted by ecvsteve
      AAAHHHHH SSH*&^T.
      X-2 on that!!!

Wayne
      Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

It was race #104

According to the FAA accident investigation site, the accident airplane was N6373Y, which is listed as the Joe Tobul Special, race #104 in RARA's unlimited entry list.

In the photo it looks like the plane went up on its nose, which would jive with the text of the article. Unless he has a spare engine and prop and a crew ready to turn a lot of wrenches, I'd guess the plane is out for this year. BUMMER! I always had a soft spot for the Yaks and love watching them race. Must be the dreamer in me thinking that a Yak is the one unlimited I have any chance of being able to afford myself somewhere down the line...
        Jeff Lo
        Biplane race #13 "Miss Gianna"
        Biplane race #6 "Miss Dianne"

Comment

yak

Those that dont know Sean he is a real devoted racer. I talked to him shortly after the incedent and he had lined up a hangar,an engine and prop and was getting lots of volenteers to help with the several small jobs that go along with a repair such as this. He plans to be flying in a week. Come by our pits at reno and shake hands with a racer who wont quit, Sean Carroll
          www.davemorss.com

Comment

That's the spirit. A "whoo pig soooiiieee!" to all involved.

Clay, yes I am an Arkie
            Rare Bear Fan Sponsor

Comment

Re: yak

Originally posted by morss
              he is a real devoted racer.
              NNNOOOO SH&^^%TTT. A racing kinda Dude.
              ECVSteve
              E Clampus Vitus SST #1827, #1850
              Reno Fan since around "82"

Comment

I just Talked with sean this morning, and the yak will be ready for Reno, They have a motor and are having a special prop built.
                So for all you guys and gals that supported us last year, come by our pit and meet one of the nicest guys in air racing..Sean

I wish I could be at this years race but, the Navy has me deployed to Japan, Im part of the Yak9 crew that was at the race last year, boy you all are going to have good race, ONE FOR THE BOOKS.....

Craig(cranky)Beal

Comment

Just got word from one of the crew of the Yak-9 that the engine is in, and they are just waiting for the prop to be finished....WOHOOOOOOOOOOO
                  Glad to see them burning the midnight oil to get this sharp looking airplane back up and running and ready for Reno 03

Craig(cranky)Beal

Comment

Working...
                  X