Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ready To Rumble? Who's Gonna Do What At Reno 2003?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Clay... Huh??

[i]

But just because I KNOW you're dying to hear it, I'll throw in my $0.02 for the Gold final... Dago does the quint-peat, hands down.

TPS [/B]

Easy everybody! I need to go and get my college statistics professor to help me with all of these numbers.

If Dago quinpeats I will be the first to buy you a bear. I didn't mean to mispell that.

LOL Clay
    Rare Bear Fan Sponsor

Comment

Dago is going to have to break if someone else is going to win. I think the only a/c that could get around a healthy Dago is a healthy Race 7 with Tiger at the stick. I think the only thing that could stand between Skip and a 500 mph lap is the weather.

Mike Brown will be the one pushing Race 4. In my oppinion, a real unknown here, who knows how fast. This alone is worth the trip.

I would love to see the Bear run good. But I'm going to hedge my bet here. I hope the gremlins stay away. I'll wait and see the qualifying speed.

CM. They seem to have what it takes, but it never gets done. Biggest question is if they can keep all the parts going in the right direction.

Dreadnaught. Sitting back doing their thing. Reliable and steady. Moves up through the week as attrition takes its toll.

Voodoo........................

Furias. Bill Rogers has had some time with this plane. A new pilot and maybe some new tricks. Hard to see this plane going faster than Race 8 though. Does Gary Hubler weigh less than Art Vance?

Back here, 86 and Precious Metal (my personal favorites). I hope Race 86 runs well this year. You can't help but root for that plane. It looks like a throw back to the thirties style racers. Precious Metal is fun just to watch the engine start, especially if you are standing next to someone that has never seen contra rotating props.

And the racer that brings the biggest smile.......... Miss A. Usually a racer damaged that badly wouldn't be seen for a few years. Awesome just to see this plane back. Great job!

Mr. Pardue with his Seafury, Argonaught and all the other racers that run around 400 mph. This is always a great group to watch.

In the end, it's a great field of racers.

Comment

My Magic Eightball says...
        ...nothing about air racing!
        The tea leaves in my evening tea cup indicate...
        ...I don't know, I have enough trouble reading English.
        My guess is that Dago Red is in fact fallible, and Rare Bear's (good) luck doesn't hold either. So, it's a first time Gold victory for Mike Brown and Sept. Fury, closely following by Critical Mass, Dreadnaught and Voodoo. A bit farther back is Miss A leading Furias and a conservative Czech Mate.
        Most of all, I hope for a safe and hot weekend of competitive races. I'm hoping that NXT makes it to Reno, also. I'd love to see a great competitor to Greenemayer.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyKidChris
          I'm hoping that NXT makes it to Reno, also. I'd love to see a great competitor to Greenemayer.
          I too hope to see Jon get the NXT there... but we can't count out John Parker's American Air Racing "Thunder Mustang" now can we!!??

Consistant flying last year gave him a couple (at least) heat race wins and saw him fiinish second to Darryl's obviously fast Lanciar...

But... can Greenamyer keep up the blistering pace for an entire race?? Will Parker's engine out "Tune Up" that was in progress at last report from him bring him up enough notches to push "Greenie" to the breaking point??

Will NXT get past the almost certain teething problems with a completely new design/airplane?

NO QUESTION, with this mix going on in Sport, it's just about as much as a toss up and dream race as is the Unlimited !!!!

Can't Wait!

Wayne Sagar
          Wayne Sagar
          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar
            I too hope to see Jon get the NXT there... but we can't count out John Parker's American Air Racing "Thunder Mustang" now can we!!??
            Can we count him in? I don't see John Parker or any Thunder Mustang in the Sport class entry list on RARA's site.

I'm hoping it's just an oversight on RARA's part, but if it is correct, he may be sitting out this year. BUMMER!
            Jeff Lo
            Biplane race #13 "Miss Gianna"
            Biplane race #6 "Miss Dianne"

Comment

Good point Jeff, but another question is will John be able to USE the increase in HP? Tommy had three motors that wouldn't take it and many say the 45 degree layout can't handle the power. Should Falconer have left it a V-8?

If Jon and Tricia make it to Reno, it will be faster than the Lancair, in my opinion. It is the cleanest airplane I have ever seen.

Chris...

Comment

Originally posted by FlyinLo
                Can we count him in? I don't see John Parker or any Thunder Mustang in the Sport class entry list on RARA's site.

I'm hoping it's just an oversight on RARA's part, but if it is correct, he may be sitting out this year. BUMMER!
                Holy Cow Jeff.. I just looked at the entry list for Sport Division and didn't see the TM also...

When I last spoke with John at Pylon School, he was chewing on nails or something... I think he wanted to be pretty competitive this year.. though he would not tell me what he was doing to the engine beyond "a tune up" I got the distinct impression that he was confident that he was going to be ready and be faster than last year.. it's got to be an oversight.

Wayne
                Wayne Sagar
                "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

OK....We've discussed the Unlimiteds, and some of the Sport racers, but what about the real "Pilot Makers?" Is Mystical Power going to take the T-6 Gold again, or will Ken Dwelle's newly restored T-6 racer suprise the crowd??? You've got to admit, the close competition of the "stock" Texans makes for some exciting racing!!!

FBK

Comment

Warlock of course!
                    Darn, wrong tea leaves again.....
                    Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
                    airplanenutleo@gmail.com
                    thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

I heard that Mary is so impressed with the jets that a motor change in 2 of hearts would be fun. hey I can dream.

Watch out for the ladies, Gentlemen.
                      ECVSteve
                      E Clampus Vitus SST #1827, #1850
                      Reno Fan since around "82"

Comment

John Parker

I'm a bit worked up right now. I posted an answer to the John Parker question at another site. I'm not going to type it all out again. here is the link:

John Parker uninvited

BP
                        Bill Pearce

Old Machine Press
                        Blue Thunder Air Racing (in memoriam)

Comment

Re: John Parker

Just, Damn!

Don

Originally posted by W J Pearce
                          I'm a bit worked up right now. I posted an answer to the John Parker question at another site. I'm not going to type it all out again. here is the link:

John Parker uninvited

BP

Comment

Re: John Parker

Originally posted by W J Pearce

John Parker uninvited

BP
                            Woah... Bill is this for real.. it's got to be some sort of a mistake??

Wayne
                            Wayne Sagar
                            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

This is BS!!

RARA is starting to remind of the NASCAR Nazi's. If this is really true, I have a choice e-mail to send to Mr. Houghton. This kind of crap just defies logic thinking.

Comment

I have been getting info through my dad who just posted on the other site. I called John this morning to get it from the source and it was the same story I got from my dad. I know that John was having the engine worked on. I know some of his other preparations. I visited him during PRS. He was going to race the Thunder Mustang in 2003, without doubt. I got the info from John and I don't think he is making it up. Also it jives with what was going on last year, as my dad has eluded too.

Prove me a liar and I will be happy because John is racing. But I'm afraid it is real.

RARA - care to elaborate?

Bill Pearce
                                The young one
                                Bill Pearce

Old Machine Press
                                Blue Thunder Air Racing (in memoriam)

Comment

Working...
                                X