Need a little Ident help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a little Ident help

From quite a few years ago - this was shot by one of my Reno cohorts in the early to mid 80s. Looking for names - any help would be appreciated. I have my ideas but I can't find my programs and I'd like to be sure.
    Last edited by TwoZeroWest; 01-05-2012, 09:02 AM.

Re: Need a little Ident help

Looks like Mac Maclain in the middle.
    Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
    airplanenutleo@gmail.com
    thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

(I know, I responded to this on Facebook too, but....)

I think it's Mac too. Probably 1981, by the looks of it. Remember, Mac was dying of cancer at that point and the treatment was taking it's toll on him (that's why Skip was hired to fly Jeannie).

But my second thoughts about it have to do with the hat patch and what is embroidered on his jacket: the '69/96' logo. For the first couple of years, the Sanders patches just said Sanders Trucking Line or Sanders Racing Team, with no race numbers on them.

Wiley didn't buy Kangaroo from Levitz until a couple weeks before Reno '82...and Kangaroo (Jeannie Too) was the first plane that Wiley registered as race 96.

Mac died in January or February of 1982....so......something doesn't add up...I just don't know what or why.

Comment

Putman (sp) maybe? I'll have to look at some of my older stuff.
        Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
        airplanenutleo@gmail.com
        thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Originally posted by Leo View Post
          Putman (sp) maybe? I'll have to look at some of my older stuff.
          No, that's not Putman. I'm 99.9% that's Mac, because the last year (because of the treatments) he had lost the mustache. It's just the other stuff that doesn't add up for my memory.

Comment

Working...
          X