No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2012

Yes, what you say could well be true even today but with the advent of the NTSB hearing looking into both air shows and racing, any bullet that is shot at racing will pass right though and also kill Oshkosh as it now exsists. Putting up dozens of warbirds at once , some flying formation and others doing yank and bank, as well as operating the busiest airport in the world times four with the current proceedures they use is much more dangerous than racing given the crowd size, area, etc. I hope when push comes to shove, the EAA and RARA dont try and stab each other in the back. What ever I hear back from the EAA I will post.

Comment

I'll be there!

Spacegrrrl

Comment

I watched the live feed from news 4, and it got cut off right after the first question of Q&A. I truly don't know beans about any of this frankly, but it's my impression that insurance underwriters could be a bigger impediment to the races than the FAA or NTSB, yet I don't recall that even being touched upon.

Hopefully the races will continue, I've got my fingers crossed.

Ps. I feel proud to be among the more than 80% who didn't ask for sat and sun refunds.
        Last edited by LD1; 01-04-2012, 03:34 PM.

Comment

I'll be there in Sept. I can't wait. 2011 was the first time since 1990 that I was able to attend, and I wanted SO much to go in 2012. I truly hope the air races will continue for many years and if they do, I will continue to attend every year.

Will

Comment

I truely hope that the biggest hurdle Mike and the RARA have to get past, is how on earth to keep up with the demand of ticket and merchandise sales.

It's a beautiful day. See everyone in Sept.

Blue skies.
            Mike Barnard

Comment

Originally posted by LD1 View Post
              I watched the live feed from news 4, and it got cut off right after the first question of Q&A. I truly don't know beans about any of this frankly, but it's my impression that insurance underwriters could be a bigger impediment to the races than the FAA or NTSB, yet I don't recall that even being touched upon.

Ps. I feel proud to be among the more than 80% who didn't ask for sat and sun refunds.
              They did mention that the insurance did not look like it was going to be an issue.

Still holding my breath but, at least its a new breath.
              You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

Mike (Spoolfool) does have a good point. We can all help by buying our tickets early.
                Whether or not it is a race or a memorial service, I am going.

Comment

Originally posted by LD1 View Post
                  I watched the live feed from news 4, and it got cut off right after the first question of Q&A. I truly don't know beans about any of this frankly, but it's my impression that insurance

Same here. Just didn't think it was appropriate. We are not out of the woods yet folks lets keep our fingers crossed. I have some personal trauma issues as to whether I can go , but I want this event to continue .

Comment

It is/was my understanding that each racer had to carry their own insurance. Of course the event also had insurance, but it was to cover themselves separate from each racer.

If true then there is really two people we need to worry about:
                    - The event might be able to afford insurance by spreading the cost increase out over 200,000 tickets, etc.
                    - An individual racer may not be able to absorb the added cost.

A guy who sold/sells insurance to racers was on one of these forums, maybe he can chime in.

Bryan

Comment

Originally posted by bflynt View Post
                      It is/was my understanding that each racer had to carry their own insurance. Of course the event also had insurance, but it was to cover themselves separate from each racer.

If true then there is really two people we need to worry about:
                      - The event might be able to afford insurance by spreading the cost increase out over 200,000 tickets, etc.
                      - An individual racer may not be able to absorb the added cost.

A guy who sold/sells insurance to racers was on one of these forums, maybe he can chime in.

Bryan
                      Here.

Insurance will be there. Racers have mostly gotten free liability coverage by sponsors the last few years.

We the Agents along with most of the underwriting are big race fans.
                      But it is also a new world with a lot more corporate structure in place.

Will be there in September.
                      Tj
                      Tom Johnson,
                      Aviation Insurance Broker / Yak 50 Owner
                      www.airpowerinsurance.com

Comment

Just had a call from my box seat host. He's working on tickets. Been two years since a Sunday Gold. I need to feed the beast.
                        No pixels were harmed, honest.

http://www.ignomini.com
                        http://www.pbase.com/ignomini

Comment

Some more good news:
                          Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

A little bit of a late New Year's present for all of you Tac Demo fans! Here is the 2012 West Coast (VFA-122) Tac Demo Schedule!

NAF El Centro Mar 11-12
                          MCAS Yuma Mar 17-19
                          Wings over South Texas Apr 13-16
                          New Orleans 1812 Bicentennial Apr 21-23
                          March ARB May 19-21
                          Columbia, MO May 26-28
                          South Dakota ANG July 20-23
                          Seattle Seafair Aug 3-6
                          KC Aviation Expo Aug 18-20
                          Offut AFB Aug 25-27
                          Little Rock AFB Sept 8-11
                          Reno NV Sept 12-17