For you Reno Area AAFO'ers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: For you Reno Area AAFO'ers

Yea, while hitting refresh on Google News today, I kept having to see those images. I've had enough of my own memory playing over and over in my mind, I really don't need to see it again. I know I'm messed up. I was cleaning my garage and found last year's Air Classics with Jimmy on the cover and I can't even cry, I tried to. I'm just numb at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Air Judge View Post
      Hey Big Al/All,
      On the note re: RGJ, a quick reply

Earlier today they posted an article re: tomorrow annoucement. Along with the article was the now (sadly) iconic image taken from the east grandstands showing the moment of impact/debris field in flight across the tarmac.

I emailed the reporter asking that they consider not using that horrific image every time they run a piece related to RARA. It'd disturbing to many folks, and I can't imagine the impact it may have on families and close friends of those lost and injured.

I received and email from the reporter less than 30min later indicating she had forwarded my request to the powers that be. Shortly after that, she replied again and sure enough...RGJ had replaced the image with a shot of two Jet racers.

Not that I'm a big fan of RGJ (dont' live there but follow occassionaly when there's news about RARA) and know others have posted here about how RGJ seems to have an axe to grind with RARA.

At least in this instance, they listened to some semblence or reason.

We'll get good news tomorrow, if not definative. And my post wasn't intended to stir up a bunch of dander...as I said, just curious from afar.

Cheers everyone...
      Thanks for doing this!

Comment

Thanks for getting the RGJ to change the photo. You would think that CNN could do better than this. Is this really necessary?

Nearly four months after a P-51 Mustang veered out of control and slammed into spectators at the Reno, Nevada, air races – killing 11 people, injuring scores of others and jeopardizing the future of the event – race organizers Wednesday said the show will go on.

Comment

And KNBC in LA ran the story last night and of course they show the footage without warning flash there it is no time to react.

Comment

I am very happy to report that ALL the murals are still in place at the Lemon Valley Scolaries, with no plans to remove them.

Comment

Thanks, Wolfee. Apparently my source was less than reliable. Glad to hear things at the Stead Scolari's are as always.

Cheers!
              Owen Ashurst
              Performer Air Boss - Reno Air Races
              http://airbossone.com/

Comment

Local talk show had Mike Houghton as a guest last night. Very positive interview and show, focusing on the move forward and preparations, not the crash.
                Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
                airplanenutleo@gmail.com
                thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
                  I'm told by a very "in the know" local, that the signs are still there..

Everyone... take a deep breath... screw the cap on the "rumor mill" real tight so nothing can leak out...

Wait about 18 hours or so and the official announcement from RARA will be in our greedy little TRUE FANS OF AIR RACING hands!!!!!!!!

I think we're gonna be in for something good!!!

If if means anything, my neighbor just bought his hotel reservations for September and he's not been since about '75!!

Got my big long fingers crossed!
                  Thanks Wayne. The real hardcore Air Race fans are all in!
                  Frank C.

Comment

Working...
                  X