For you Reno Area AAFO'ers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: For you Reno Area AAFO'ers

I know the "Thank you" picture from the Rare Bear crew was still up last Friday (It's near the ATM machine) but I didn't note the murals. I'm used to them being there and surely would have noticed them missing I think.
    Scolari's has always been a HUGE supporter and I don't see why this would change that.
    Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
    airplanenutleo@gmail.com
    thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Maybe they're in the process of 'updating' their photo decor? (Definately a time now f/thinking 'bout fresh & positive renewals, I'd say...Plus it's the New Year)

DBD
      Last edited by BuckyD; 01-03-2012, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Good stuff fellas, thanks! Appreciate the thoughts and feedback. Agree Bucky....time to renew and refresh!

Have a good one, guys!
        Owen Ashurst
        Performer Air Boss - Reno Air Races
        http://airbossone.com/

Comment

the press conference is tommarrow so lets wait and see what happens. It could be good or bad, but lets hope its good.

Comment

I was there on Friday and saw the Voodoo one. I don't think I paid attention to the others. I'll stop by there tomorrow after work.
            Tony

Comment

I'm told by a very "in the know" local, that the signs are still there..

Everyone... take a deep breath... screw the cap on the "rumor mill" real tight so nothing can leak out...

Wait about 18 hours or so and the official announcement from RARA will be in our greedy little TRUE FANS OF AIR RACING hands!!!!!!!!

I think we're gonna be in for something good!!!

If if means anything, my neighbor just bought his hotel reservations for September and he's not been since about '75!!

Got my big long fingers crossed!
              Wayne Sagar
              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Hey Big Al/All,
                On the note re: RGJ, a quick reply

Earlier today they posted an article re: tomorrow annoucement. Along with the article was the now (sadly) iconic image taken from the east grandstands showing the moment of impact/debris field in flight across the tarmac.

I emailed the reporter asking that they consider not using that horrific image every time they run a piece related to RARA. It'd disturbing to many folks, and I can't imagine the impact it may have on families and close friends of those lost and injured.

I received and email from the reporter less than 30min later indicating she had forwarded my request to the powers that be. Shortly after that, she replied again and sure enough...RGJ had replaced the image with a shot of two Jet racers.

Not that I'm a big fan of RGJ (dont' live there but follow occassionaly when there's news about RARA) and know others have posted here about how RGJ seems to have an axe to grind with RARA.

At least in this instance, they listened to some semblence or reason.

We'll get good news tomorrow, if not definative. And my post wasn't intended to stir up a bunch of dander...as I said, just curious from afar.

Cheers everyone...
                Owen Ashurst
                Performer Air Boss - Reno Air Races
                http://airbossone.com/

Comment

Good for you Air Judge and thanks.

Comment

Maybe some good news...
                    From FenceCheck:
                    2012 Patriots Jet Team Air Show Schedule

May 19-20 - March ARB (Not Confirmed)
                    June 24 - Infineon NASCAR (CONFIRMED)
                    July 20-22 - McChord AFB (Not Confirmed)
                    Seattle Seafair (Not Confirmed)
                    Aug 8-10 - Abbotsford Canada (Not Confirmed)
                    Aug 28 - Infineon Indy Races(CONFIRMED)
                    Sept 14-18 - Reno Air Races (Confirmed)
                    Sept 20-23 - Salinas CA (CONFIRMED for 2012 & 2013)
                    Oct 7-9 - San Francisco Fleet Week (CONFIRMED)
                    Oct 12-14 - Miramar MCAS (CONFIRMED)
                    Nov 9-11 - Nellis AFB (Not Confirmed)
                    Last edited by RCoulter; 01-03-2012, 09:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RCoulter View Post
                      Maybe some good news...
                      From FenceCheck:
                      That's weird, Friday thru Tuesday? Me thinks that's the 2011 schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by Skyracer View Post
                        That's weird, Friday thru Tuesday? Me thinks that's the 2011 schedule.
                        That may be, I just looked at the official site and that was last years dates. Maybe they just had the wrong dates, but we will see.

Comment

We'll know today and what it is, is what it is.
                          That particular Scolari's is also in a tough spot. There is a new Super WalMart about to open adding to the competition at that exit. Of the three, WalMart, Smith's and Scolari's, Scolari's is the highest priced. Gotta be some hand wringing on their part and the future of that location could be, well, interesting.
                          Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
                          airplanenutleo@gmail.com
                          thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

There is no hidden message there. Its just a old store facing lots of competition. I quit shopping there couple years ago myself. Switched over to Raleys couple blocks away, better selection and atmosphere.

Comment

Originally posted by Air Judge View Post
                              Hey Big Al/All,
                              On the note re: RGJ, a quick reply

Earlier today they posted an article re: tomorrow annoucement. Along with the article was the now (sadly) iconic image taken from the east grandstands showing the moment of impact/debris field in flight across the tarmac.

I emailed the reporter asking that they consider not using that horrific image every time they run a piece related to RARA. It'd disturbing to many folks, and I can't imagine the impact it may have on families and close friends of those lost and injured.

I received and email from the reporter less than 30min later indicating she had forwarded my request to the powers that be. Shortly after that, she replied again and sure enough...RGJ had replaced the image with a shot of two Jet racers.

Not that I'm a big fan of RGJ (dont' live there but follow occassionaly when there's news about RARA) and know others have posted here about how RGJ seems to have an axe to grind with RARA.

At least in this instance, they listened to some semblence or reason.

We'll get good news tomorrow, if not definative. And my post wasn't intended to stir up a bunch of dander...as I said, just curious from afar.

Cheers everyone...
                              Thankyou. Just about every story about RARA these days forces you to watch that incident at least 5 more times. It really frustrating. I'm gonna add a voice to yours. Thanks again.
                              You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

Go to work on KOLO Channel 8, too. Anything relating to air racing -- including during today's press conference broadcast -- and they run the crash footage again. They've also used it for 30-second teasers for their regular news programs if there's an air race tie-in.

Tabloid mentallity

Comment

Working...
                                X