F2Gs. Yes. As in "multiple."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: F2Gs. Yes. As in "multiple."

Gonna post some more pics from my additional shoots with Race 74 and 57 last week... Turned out pretty great. Here's the note I put up at the other site:

Thought I'd post a few more shots we captured over the last week.

I didn't know it at the time, but I was fortunate enough to be the very first person to shoot the two F2Gs together, air to air - ever. That was a real thrill for me, and for Dale Churchill, my T-6 camera plane pilot. It just worked out that way...

Since Race 74 had a mechanical problem, it cut down everybody's time with the airplanes. I had, maybe, 15 minutes with both airplanes on our way to another airport, and didn't have any time to do even one 360. That's the way it shakes out.

But I did get some nice shots of the two airplanes together. I'm not even sure there are any late '40s shots of the two airplanes together on the race course, let alone air to air. Maybe somebody has something like that in a closet somewhere. I don't know.

I kinda hoped Cook was grinning looking down on all of this.

Both Bob Odegaard and Larry Perkins agreed to fly for me again later in the week, so last Saturday morning Dale and I launched in the T-6 again, and I had about 30 minutes with Race 74 again. I felt like we got some really great stuff, although I always wish there was more time.

Later that day, I drove over to Stellar Airpark as a guest of Ron Pratt and Larry Perkins. I shot Race 57 that evening out of a Bonanza and had a little more time with the airplane.

It's worth noting that Larry, flying Race 57, isn't really a formation pilot. However, he's the consummate professional and he provided everything we could have asked for. There were some really cool moments on that flight.

I don't think I need to mention Odegaard's flying skill; we all know about it and the photos show what a great time we had.

It's easy for people to say "cool photos!" And I appreciate that a lot. But I'm just the guy pressing the shutter release. all of this stuff is a team effort, and none of it would happen without the owners, the pilots, the camera plane pilots, and the guys getting the airplanes ready. Thanks to everyone for making this a really special experience.

Hope you enjoy the shots! If there is enough interest, I might offer some prints for sale.

I'm not going to spam Wayne's site about the prints. If you're interested, most people know how to get ahold of me.

Hope y'all have a nice day!
    Attached Files
    Scotty G

Comment

Very cool! I love the first shot the most.
      Tony

Comment

Scotty- "You Da Man!" Thanks f/posting all these gorgeous shots & special thanks to all involved f/arranging the A-2-A sessions with these historic Cleveland-era Corsair racers.

"If there is enough interest..." (re. print sales availability) - surely you jest!

DBD

Comment

I've gotten a lot of inquiries, but I thought there'd be more firm orders as of now. No worries, though. The images are in the can for all to enjoy!
          Scotty G

Comment

Kurt put together a cool video of the photo shoot...

Scotty G

Comment

Great video !!! I'd like to see it again without the music, found that took away from the vid in general. I'd much prefer to hear the R-4360 and com.

Comment

Originally posted by Scotty G View Post
                I've gotten a lot of inquiries, but I thought there'd be more firm orders as of now. No worries, though. The images are in the can for all to enjoy!
                Paintboy had a similar problem a few years ago with his Tigercat shoot at Reno.... Lots of interest, zero sales...
                Wayne Sagar
                "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
                X