Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: F2Gs. Yes. As in "multiple."

Default F2Gs. Yes. As in "multiple."

I think we were the first to shoot both flying F2Gs today... (I could be wrong, but listening to the logistics today, it seems like it...)

So... Many thanks for Bob Odegaard (Race 74), Larry Perkins (Race 57) and Dale Churchill (T-6 camera plane pilot) for inviting me along and making this happen.

There were some other photogs there, too, so you'll be seeing some more and varied pics from them, too.

Enjoy...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a_MG_3590.jpg 
Views:	753 
Size:	214.9 KB 
ID:	17926   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a_MG_2898.jpg 
Views:	704 
Size:	73.9 KB 
ID:	17927   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a_MG_3431.jpg 
Views:	2336 
Size:	186.9 KB 
ID:	17928  
    Scotty G

Default Re: F2Gs. Yes. As in "multiple."

Thanks! Love Pic number 3.....

Crap....I need to get a new towel.

Race 57 is sweet, but blue is my favorite color! Thanks for the pics.
    Anthony

Thumbs up Re: F2Gs. Yes. As in "multiple."

WOWZERS! Well, we've all been waitin' & hopin' f/this historic Corncob Corsair racer reunion to happen and here 'tis in fine form. Fantastic photos, Scotty, and thanks f/posting them here on this site first. Gotta say- that duo portrait is sweet as it gets (& you can put me down for a big print 4-sure).

BTW- Talking w/Bob Odegaard at Reno '11 this year before the accident, he shared w/us that it was in the works f/#57 & #74 to both come back to race together at Reno in the near future, so hopefully, we can still look forward to that awesome historic race event happening as well (So-'Think positive', everyone!)

DBD

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty G View Post
    I think we were the first to shoot both flying F2Gs today... (I could be wrong, but listening to the logistics today, it seems like it...)

So... Many thanks for Bob Odegaard (Race 74), Larry Perkins (Race 57) and Dale Churchill (T-6 camera plane pilot) for inviting me along and making this happen.

There were some other photogs there, too, so you'll be seeing some more and varied pics from them, too.

Enjoy...
    Scotty,

Stunning shots. The red and blue against the background are amazing. Thanks for sharing.

I'm very glad to see that Race 57 still gets to fly I'd love to see them both turning laps at Reno 2012. We need more corncobs on Sunday... (2) in the Bronze (#57 & #74) plus (2) in the Gold (Furias & Dreadnaught) would be nice.

WOW WOW AND DOUBLE WOW. Looking forward to more photos in upcoming Warbird Digest. Well done.

Quote Originally Posted by Desertdawg View Post
    Thanks for sharing.
    You're very welcome... We all deserve to see these shots of the great racers in their element, which is why I wanted to post them for all to see. It's been a hard year for racing, so a little bright spot certainly is welcome.

Glad you're enjoying the photos!
    Scotty G

Nice pics, Scotty. Glad it all worked out, I know you were working for that for a while. They look great together!
    Chris...