34 Days 'til Golden Sunday!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don,
    I have a bottle waiting for me in Reno. I am probably going to buy another one(or two).

Clay
    Rare Bear Fan Sponsor

Comment

Originally posted by claylemon
      I prefer Budwieser and CR Reserve, but will never turn down a freebie.

Clay
      Damn fun it will be My buddy drinks Crown, and I may buy a 6'r of Bud for you. So when are you making the races?
      When I get my camp spot, first time I reserved, I'll let ya know. I love fire side chats with merlins in the back ground.
      ECVSteve
      E Clampus Vitus SST #1827, #1850
      Reno Fan since around "82"

Comment

Originally posted by ecvsteve
        I love fire side chats with merlins in the back ground.
        Hey.. look me up.. I'll drink some -O- yer booze!

Wayne
        Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar
          Hey.. look me up.. I'll drink some -O- yer booze!

Wayne
          You are more than welcome my webster friend. your gunna need one by then.
          ECVSteve
          E Clampus Vitus SST #1827, #1850
          Reno Fan since around "82"

Comment

by then.

GF's away in Californy for a week... too busy and too poor to get away for Nemesis first flight (soon, unsure quite when) runnin this website and one for one of the mayger airshows of the year... hadda buy tew new tires fer me 4x4 (snif)... Nikon's got a new camera comin out that I jest gotta get... got dirt in my lens.. I need a haircut and a shave...

Man... I need one NOW buddy

Gonna be fun this year!

Wayne
            Wayne Sagar
            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

So when are you making the races?
              When I get my camp spot, first time I reserved, I'll let ya know. I love fire side chats with merlins in the back ground.

I arrive 5:47pm on the 10th. If you are buying Reserve, or Bud for that matter, I would drink it with a Pinto revving in the background if I have to.

If this decanter had anything in it I would bring out to Reno. Cheers to you sir. I see a "brans & list" happening.

CPL
              Attached Files
              Rare Bear Fan Sponsor

Comment

for that matter, I would drink it with a Pinto revving in the background
                Ewe guys... I love ya....

Sometimes, I can forget why we all do this.. then I read something like this and it all comes back to me..

We "plane nuts" people do strange things don't we.. I still cherish the shirt I have that has a bit of motor oil from the Spruce Goose on it that I picked up on a private tour of the inside of the wings... When I got to stand under FiFi one time, I could not belive that I was wiping my finger in the oil of an actual B-29...

Used to cherish the moments sitting on the deadline at Reno when they'd roll the airplanes right over the top of us going in and out of the pits...

Yep... rev that pinto my friend! (are any of them old fords still runnin?)

Looking forward to getting to meet some of you guys at Reno this time.

Wayne
                Wayne Sagar
                "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

... When I got to stand under FiFi one timeYep... rev that pinto my friend! (are any of them old fords still runnin?)

Last year I was walking down the back hall of the dealership and heard the sound of radial engines very close. I ran outside to see FIFI herself had just buzzed the lot. Needless to say I was jumping up and down like an idiot. The only flying B-29 in the world and it come to see me. There was only one other person on the lot that knew what had just happened. At first I thought it was a B-17 'cuz I thought FIFI was still in restoration.

As far as Pinto's are concerned. I saw one about a month ago riding down the street. They are probably as rare as a B-29. If you want one Wayne I'm sure I can get you a good deal on one.

Clay
                  Rare Bear Fan Sponsor

Comment

How about a Maverick? I got a neighbor that has one with the Sport package he'd probably sell....

Just give me a glass of scotch, a cigar, a lawn chair and a Mustang overhead (or Bearcat, or Corsair, or.....) and I'm in heaven.

I still have the shirt I wore when I got my mustang ride 20 years ago, never washed the oil off it I got helping wipe it down afterwards. I guess we are nuts.
                    Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
                    airplanenutleo@gmail.com
                    thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

At least you could get a V8 in a Maverick. There is something to said about a 302. Hey wait, why are we talking about old Fords? I don't remember any Tri-motors racing this year. Sunday's gold will come down to radial brut force over inline finesse.

Clay
                      Rare Bear Fan Sponsor

Comment

I have one of these...

If this decanter had anything in it I would bring out to Reno. Cheers to you sir. I see a "brans & list" happening.

CPL
                        I have one of these decanters...

Any idea what they are worth these days?

Comment

I have one of these...

CPL
                          I have one of these decanters...

Any idea what they are worth these days?

Glenn Bloom

Comment

decanters

I have one of these decanters also...I think I gave about $10 for it on an ebay auction about two years ago. It was empty of course. There is still one offered on ebay every now and then.

WARPT

Comment

Working...
                            X