Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Trying a little low light photograpy

Originally posted by RAD2LTR View Post
    Thanks. I'm finding that the key to night photography is patience, a good tripod, and a camera with a decent sensor that you can set to a bulb setting. For these shots, I think I shot them at either 100 or 200 ISO. I used a long exposure time and just let it sit there. A remote is also key to keeping the camera from moving
    Hey Will... didn't mean to hijack your thread!! What you're doing is completey a different thing than what I put up..... Sorry Man!

Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
      Hey Will... didn't mean to hijack your thread!! What you're doing is completey a different thing than what I put up..... Sorry Man!

Your P51 shot still kinda falls in the category. It was obviously a low light shot. All the stuff I've posted here is just me screwing around. I've always been fascinated by night photography and I think I'm just now figuring out out to do it. I like seeing what other people have done, and every so often they post how they did it (as you did).

To be honest, most of what I shoot are race cars and airplanes. Looking at things in a different light (or lack there of) is kinda fun, and its a challenge to figure out how to do it. To be honest, I'm hoping I'll have the chance to try shooting some similar shots as these at Reno in Sept. Heck, a 10 minute exposure with the north star over a Tigercat (or what ever else might be sitting there in the pits) might turn out to be a really cool shot.

If other people wish to add their own shots that were taken in low light, please do. I guess we could turn it into a "How did you shoot that" thread. Heck, I've dragged threads off topic. It happens.

Will

Comment

Hey Will... thanks man! I had just looked back, read the thread, and thought to myself.... "geesh... nuttin like stealin' a guys fire!"

Light, lack thereof, mixed light... fascinating stuff... Neal "Wingman" Nurmi can bend the logic in my brain so far I can't see straight when he talks about cameras and light!

Neal not only takes outstanding shots, he knows exactly *how* the camera did it and how it reacted to what he dialed in...

Living at the coast better than half of the time (gotta see the BeerNazi as often as possible) there are situations that I see driving back and forth a lot that baffle me on just how to get "the shot"... Foggy early morning stuff, or late evening stuff, light on the hilltops, not much on the low stuff, lots of low hanging fog.. really cool looking but to capture it....

Fun stuff.... !
        Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
        X