Unknown project at Reno

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unknown project at Reno

First time I went to Reno and I still haven't found anything about a (racer ?) project I saw in one of the hangars, any ideas?
    Also if someone could help id the T6 and Sabre pictures I would be grateful

Thks
    Jan
    Attached Files

Re: Unknown project at Reno

I think the racer project is American Spirit. I think Matt Jackson and Dave Cornell are building that. I'm not positive so please correct me if I'm wrong. I don't know who owns the T6 or the F86.

Will

Comment

I was told they are planning to run a 3350 in it.

Looks fast and mean.

Comment

The bird sitting under the Rare Bear banner was originally incorrectly known as the "Jackson Cornell Racer"... (the design was more Cornell than Jackson according to Dave Cornell) it is now owned by Rod Lewis and last I heard, the airplane is slated for speed record flights only (Not RENO racer).

There's more about it somewhere on this site I think... search around.
        Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

I would wager that Matt Jackson has zero involvement in the project at this point. His last dealings (as far as I can tell, being outside looking in)were selling the engine and prop out from under the project back in 2000 to Mike Brown for use in September Fury. Cornell has since aquired most of the stuff back via Rod Lewis after MB's fleet was dismantled and sold...

Comment

I'm not sure if that's the same one, but the CAF wing there in Reno is restoring an F-86. I got to check it out a couple years ago. It was in one of the hangars northwest of the biplane hangar.

Comment

Originally posted by mrcraigarcher View Post
              I'm not sure if that's the same one, but the CAF wing there in Reno is restoring an F-86. I got to check it out a couple years ago. It was in one of the hangars northwest of the biplane hangar.
              The F-86 in the picture is in the hangar where they keep the acro performer's planes next door to the checkered flag club. It has been sitting as is since as far back as 2005. The wings used to be stacked behind that fuselage section but haven't been there in a while.

Comment

The CAF's F-86 Project is spread out over a couple of different hangars. The back end is in a hangar over by the wash-rack and was polished up and on a display dolley this year. The wings are in a hangar over by the Press Barge at the west end of the field.

Comment

Thanks for the replies so far, the F86 is indeed not the CAFs one, that was seen in some hangars further down the line

Comment

I see on the FAA register Lewis Racing has N76CJ registered as a Radial Aircraft Partners RER-1.
                    Is that this aircraft or something else?

Comment

Originally posted by jannipper View Post
                      I see on the FAA register Lewis Racing has N76CJ registered as a Radial Aircraft Partners RER-1.
                      Is that this aircraft or something else?
                      It's this one.

Comment

Working...
                      X