OT USS IOWA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: OT USS IOWA

I like the way you think....how about Kwajalein 1944? She was there...

On February 1, 1944, Kwajalein was the target of the most concentrated bombardment of the Pacific War. Thirty-six thousand shells from naval ships and ground artillery on a nearby islet struck Kwajalein.[25] American B-24 Liberator bombers aerially bombarded the island, adding to the destruction.

Hmmmm....how far are the Poppy fields of Afghanistan from the coast?

Comment

Re: OT USS IOWA

Originally posted by Coyote Chris View Post
      I like the way you think....how about Kwajalein 1944? She was there...

On February 1, 1944, Kwajalein was the target of the most concentrated bombardment of the Pacific War. Thirty-six thousand shells from naval ships and ground artillery on a nearby islet struck Kwajalein.[25] American B-24 Liberator bombers aerially bombarded the island, adding to the destruction.

Hmmmm....how far are the Poppy fields of Afghanistan from the coast?
      Its the oil rig that states Persian gulf and not Kwajalein. Its too new to be 1944, 1988 however... That could be plausible.

It sounds like they got the hull scraped and she is ready to make for here temporary berth. I think they should leave her sitting off the coast a little while longer. Perhaps stick a few people aboard with generators and a bbq to keep the locals off. (I'd volunteer if I weren't 8 hours away. Oh heck with it, I'd volunteer, just give me time to get down there I'll drop what I'm doing and head south right now.)

Will

Comment

Working...
      X