Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A bad year for racers...

..in every motor sport.
    Motorcycle Moto GP rider dies at race in Sepang.

On Sunday 23rd October, during the MotoGP race at the Shell Advance Malaysian Motorcycle Grand Prix at the Sepang International Circuit, San Carlo Honda Gresini’s Italian rider Marco Simoncelli suffered a serious accident wherein he sustained critical injuries.

Re: A bad year for racers...

Unreal.
    sandra@pit-lizards-ultd.net
    http://www.pit-lizards-ultd.net

Comment

People die everyday.... . no one lives forever....

Comment

Originally posted by OC BOB View Post
        People die everyday.... . no one lives forever....
        And they died doing what they love. But it's very hard on those of us they leave behind....

Comment

Tow truck drivers die.... race car drivers die. Their both doing their job, but somehow all the sympathy goes to the glamorous ones...

Comment

Another sad day for me. Marco was a super guy, world class racer and I was very sad to heard about it. He had a bright future and added color to any event. RIP Marco!

I took my 12 year old son to Laguna Seca last year for the MotoGP race, my son wanted and got 7 autographs and Marco was one of them...

Curtis

Comment

I love all kinds of racing. And I hate it when people are killed or hurt. Jimmy (and the spectators), Dan, and now Marco Simoncelli in three of my favorite kinds of motorsports. But do we view these in proper perspective? A poor black guy on a bicycle was killed by a hit and run driver in front of my house a couple of months ago. I was the first on the scene and he was obviously dead. He got about three paragraphs in the local paper. What will happen to racing if the unthinkable happens to Danica? The media outcry may be enough to stop all kinds of motorsports. Meanwhile ordinary people are killed or die everyday with barely any notice at all. To me, one life is no more valuable than another. A bit more balance would be nice, but would not be as sensational. I hope those reading this can make sense out of what I am trying to say. Life goes on.

Comment

I've lost friends who fell off roofs, died in car/motorcycle wrecks, had friends lose their lives in airplanes when the last thing on their mind was racing... and yes, lost a couple while racing..

We all expire at some point in our "life", most of us don't get a chance to have any decision in when this EOL happens..

I do know one thing though, when my time comes, I just want it fast. Don't want to lie in a hospital bed (I get horribly claustrophobic in hospital beds for some reason)..

There have been some tragic ends to some great lives in the past month or two, but... not to seem unfeeling.... "that's life"..

Wayne Sagar
                "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

I'm glad they died doing what they love. Yeah, that's life. But I still feel for the people who loved them. I feel no less empathy for the family and friends of people whose deaths don't get the same media coverage.

Air race lovers also tend to love other "go fast" sports, which means the death of these other racers also hurts. Sort of like losing multiple family members with no time to grieve in between. You just start getting your feet under you from one hit, only to take another.

Hopefully Marco's death with be the last one the larger racing community has for a while... a long while.
                  Last edited by sandramore; 10-24-2011, 02:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sandramore View Post
                    Hopefully Marco's death with be the last one the larger racing community has for a while... a long while.
                    I'll second that!!

Curtis

Comment

this is good..

Copyright 2005, Roadracing World Publishing, Inc.A story appearing in the February 3 online edition of the “Modesto (California) Bee” newspaper (http://www.modbee.com), reported that racer Nicky Moore, 18, was arrested February […]

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
                        I've lost friends who fell off roofs, died in car/motorcycle wrecks, had friends lose their lives in airplanes when the last thing on their mind was racing... and yes, lost a couple while racing..

We all expire at some point in our "life", most of us don't get a chance to have any decision in when this EOL happens..

I do know one thing though, when my time comes, I just want it fast. Don't want to lie in a hospital bed (I get horribly claustrophobic in hospital beds for some reason)..

There have been some tragic ends to some great lives in the past month or two, but... not to seem unfeeling.... "that's life"..

I agree with you Wayne.

Comment

When I die, I want to go nice and quick, like my grandfather, not screaming like the other 3 people in his car.....

Comment

Originally posted by Bob View Post
                            When I die, I want to go nice and quick, like my grandfather, not screaming like the other 3 people in his car.....
                            ROFL!
                            _________
                            -Matt
                            Red Bull has no earthly idea what "air racing" is.

Comment

I mostly agree with Wayne.
                              1. Life isnt fair.
                              2. We mourn and miss the people who go before us that we love and/or respect.
                              3. Its better to live a good exciting life than huddle in our living rooms in fear that something might happen and watch I Love Lucy reruns....
                              4. Death will get us all in the end
                              And yes, we might not have a say when we go...., but some of us will.
                              I for one will not go to a nursing home and spend hundreds of thousands of dollars to crap in a diaper for years and watch I LOVE LUCY reruns.

Just spread my ashes at Stead and dont let Robert put them in a porta potty....just get a pilot to fly them around the course once and spread them mid field....hmmmm...maybe a new way to make money to support air racing?

Comment

Working...
                              X