Jimmy/Ghost Decal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jimmy/Ghost Decal

OH, OH.....wonder if this is the calm before the storm....

Also my letter and decals are on their way to the Air Ranch, so thats done, and Wilnit is officially in possession of his decals, as well as Sandra and 3 for the Governors Dinner.
    Fledgling Air Race and P-51 Junkie

Comment

Originally posted by sandramore View Post
      Boy, are you in trouble. Your decal has made it to Facebook! lol
      Haha, that's my fault..... You only have nine more requests tho?!?!?!

Comment

Man, that turned out AWESOME. I will try to get my envelope and donation in the mail tomorrow.

Thanks,
        Dustin
        My heart starts beating again in September.

Comment

i should get my envelope and $$ in the post in the next day or 2... will include some extra for postage to NZ
          race fan, photographer with more cameras than a camera store

Comment

Putting my envolpe in the mail tomorrow morning with a donation and would like to request 2. This is the coolest thing I have seen in awhile. I will be proud and honored to have it on the back of my truck!!
            Thank you for all the work on this.
            Jeff

Comment

You people are amazing!! Ive sent out 35 decals so far, collected almost 200 bucks. I am very honored with the response to this, but trust me each one of these I make is very, very bittersweet. I get a big lump in my throat with each one that I do, and surprisingly its not getting any easier (having to see those silhouettes). But keep the envelopes coming, and I will keep you folks posted, and let you know if I hear from the Leewards. Thanks again.

PS....I am finding that the 6x9 envelopes fit the decals much better than the smaller standard envelope....but the standard does barely work...

Last edited by xmh53wrench; 10-27-2011, 09:31 PM. Reason: add envelope info

Comment

Thank you for the timely return of the decal, I just put it on my truck's back window, and it looks AWSOME!!! thank you again.

Ernie
                Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Louie.
                  Decals arrived yesterday.

Thanks for the note.

Tim

Comment

Hello Louie. This is very nice of you to be doing. I just mailed my donation and stamped 6X9 envelope this evening, and look forward to receiving it. I had been meaning to get back to Reno since my one time in 96, and finally made it this year. I witnessed it from section b of the reserved stands.

I've joined the RARA and Keep Reno Air Races Alive facebook pages, and sincerely hope the Reno Air Races continue. My heart and prayers continue to go out to all those touched by the tragedy.

Larry

Comment

Hey Louie ~ just a note to thank you for sending the decal so quickly. I got mine today ~ awesome and thanks again.

Solo ~ Cloudchaser427

Comment

Haven't logged on in a while. Nice! stamped envelop going out tomorrow.

Comment

I will echo everyone else's words and simply say.....excellent!

SASE w/donation on it's way. Two decals please.

On a related note, I am sorry for your own loss. I always find it amazing that often times, those who have lost someone in the past end up helping those who are in need now. Perspective is a wonderful gift to have...unfortunately it often comes with a heavy cost.

Best,

James

Comment

Well folks, a quick update....Have sent out 46 decals, thus far, and received request for 6 more today. Also as of today have collected $372.00, with $51.42 in expenses for a net of $320.58. I will probably be figuring out how to donate the monies over the weekend. Absolutely blown away by this and the comments that accompany the envelopes. Thank you all.

Comment

Donations made to date:

Think Kindness Reno Family Assistance Fund: $207.75

EAA Jimmy Leeward Memorial Fund: $207.75

Decals sent out: 66

Thanks to all that have contributed to this, keep the requests coming. No word from the Leeward Family, so I will press on with this. I hope everyone has been pleased with the quality of their decals, if not please let me know.

Louie

Comment

I'm proud of what you're doing... and happy you're having such a good response!... I want one.. will send off a SASE ASAP but keep 2 in hand for me OK?

Tanks!
                                Wayne Sagar
                                "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
                                X