Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A fun thought exercise - if you could have any Warbird?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A fun thought exercise - if you could have any Warbird?

I stumbled in here late. Fun stuff. Assuming it's the real world, funds are somewhat limited, and I stick to title, I'd have to go for a Mitsubishi J2M3Raiden/Jack. The only plane I know of that went into production that attempted to improve the streamlining of a radial engine. Just cool. Now if I had unlimited funds and could do a homebuilt I'd try something with that idea. The next step. Use an extension shafted R2800 for power or go balls to the wall with a 4360. I can sense the headaches already, but I've got mega cash to sort it out right?
    Last edited by hm66sk; 10-22-2011, 10:18 AM.
    "And if they stare, just let them burn their eyes on your moving."

Comment

Well, by the posting header, "if you could have any Warbird?" it implies a single warbird.
      Therefore I would have to have a P-40C painted in AVG "Flying Tiger" markings.

But, if this is the biggest lottery ever and funds are "Unlimited".... in addtion to the P-40C I would have to have a Spitfire Mk 9, P-51D, Hawker Tempest, F8F Bearcat, P-47 Thunderbolt, FW 190-D, P-82 Twin Mustang and a F4 Phantom just for kicks! And to have a couple of Unlimited Gold racers in my collection, I would buy Dago Red and remove the belly scoop and ad a boil-off system and clip the wings more... like GG and hire Skip to win the Gold! I would also help with the Tsunami rebuild and have another Miss Ashley II built.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh..........it's nice to dream!
      Last edited by WARPT; 10-23-2011, 06:19 AM.

Comment

I've always had a soft spot for Corsairs....a P40 would look pretty cool too!

Comment

After watching Top Gun last week I need to add an A-4 to my list!

Spacegrrrl

Comment

Originally posted by spacegrrrl View Post
            Awesome responses!!

And for sure a XF5U to find out what it really would have done!

Spacegrrrl
            Indeed the only 500 mph + fighter of combustion engine lineage of WW II; http://www.google.fi/imgres?imgurl=h...ed=0CDkQ9QEwAw

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
            http://max3fan.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
            X