Re: Thank you, Jimmy Leeward!

Simply stunning!

Don

Comment

That's cool!

Comment

Jimmy you will always be remembered and live on in "Cloud Dancer" the movie. Thanks, KC
        Last edited by KAHNZILLA; 10-09-2011, 10:16 AM.

Comment

Victor,

Those are really cool photos!

B

Comment

Thanks Victor,

There is something about his eyes in all the pictures I see of him- having never met him; there is something stricking I can't quite figure out. They seem so quiet: "free from disturbance or tumult; tranquil; peaceful." They make one wish they had know the man.

CC
            "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen." Albert Einstein

Comment

I'm having a Cloud Dancer movie party this Saturday.

Thanks Jimmy..................
              Brad
              Windy Hill GA83

Comment

I think that comes with age, being a self-made multi-millionaire?, and owning a P-51 like that!

Comment

The photo itself isn't the best, but the message is one of my favorites...and a personal joke between Jimmy and me from a long time ago.

And somewhere rolled up on a poster tube downstairs is one of my favorite art prints that Jimmy signed and gave me many, many years ago...the one with the nose of Sentimental Journey in the foreground, and Cloud Dancer (in the shark mouth paint scheme with the low-profile canopy) on the ramp in the background. I may have to pull that one out and get it framed someday.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Big_Jim; 09-30-2011, 05:12 PM.

Comment

Really cool pics Victor. Why in all the early pics of the GG was it 77 but at Reno they changed it 177 ? Is it because Rare Bear's 77 ?

Comment

Originally posted by Eric67 View Post
                      Really cool pics Victor. Why in all the early pics of the GG was it 77 but at Reno they changed it 177 ? Is it because Rare Bear's 77 ?
                      Yes. Rod Lewis did not want to give up the Bear's number...and Jimmy did ask.

A lot of people forget (or didn't know in the first place) that Jimmy took a five year hiatus from air racing in the early '90's and didn't come back until Patrick Dial hired him to use Cloud Dancer as a ceremonial 'pace plane' for the Phoenix 500 named "Estrella 1".

Here's a couple more pics from his return to Reno....1995 and 1996 respectively.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Big_Jim; 09-30-2011, 06:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X