Question about Voodoo- Turbulence 2010 race

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Voodoo- Turbulence 2010 race

Does anybody remember Voodoo after the first pylon last year hitting bad turbulence (I think it was Sat's Gold heat) and pulling up? While watching Jason's video I was reminded of that. It's interesting Will must have hit some high G's when pulling up but obviously what he was dealing with doesn't compare to Jimmy's situation as it was on a different part of the course and a different airplane.

Re: Question about Voodoo- Turbulence 2010 race

I remember, and I asked will about it and what he did. He said that at PRS they are told to push the stick forward when they invert, to get some altitude and level out. Thats what I saw Jimmy doing at the beginning of the incident.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob View Post
      I remember, and I asked will about it and what he did. He said that at PRS they are told to push the stick forward when they invert, to get some altitude and level out. Thats what I saw Jimmy doing at the beginning of the incident.
      Watching Jason's video I would describe what I saw when GG suddenly went to what was pretty close to 90º bank was the nose drop and then pick up (which may have been the result of right rudder input).

Comment

Originally posted by RBriscoe View Post
        Watching Jason's video I would describe what I saw when GG suddenly went to what was pretty close to 90º bank was the nose drop and then pick up (which may have been the result of right rudder input).
        The video from the VOS shows that clearly, then it all went bad from there.

Comment

Working...
        X