True potential of the Ghost?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: True potential of the Ghost?

I'm looking at satellite imagery of Minden trying to find pylons.

Comment

Big jim'
      i really like you insight!!!!
      I hope ppl here dont get banded!!! we are the small comunity that promotes air racing!!!! i was so glad that this board was reinstated for us hard core race fans to have a place to vent!!! thank you to all that make this place GREAT!!!!!!
      GARY PROSSER

Comment

How "sick" was the bear?

I would have to assume the engine is what people were referring to as "sick" and there are two ways an engine can be "sick".

One is making metal and the other is engine management issues preventing it from making it's potential horsepower.

Do we know the manifold pressure Rare Bear was using?

Was rare bear making metal?

I'm trying to see the significance of Galloping Ghost's pass on Rare Bear and was wondering what speeds the rest of the racers turned in during that heat.

Comment

Originally posted by IcePaq View Post
          How "sick" was the bear?

I would have to assume the engine is what people were referring to as "sick" and there are two ways an engine can be "sick".

One is making metal and the other is engine management issues preventing it from making it's potential horsepower.

Do we know the manifold pressure Rare Bear was using?

Was rare bear making metal?

I'm trying to see the significance of Galloping Ghost's pass on Rare Bear and was wondering what speeds the rest of the racers turned in during that heat.
          Who knows if the Bear was sick or not, it actually matters very little. What we do know is that it was a Friday heat race and there is no sence in pushing it, so likely the Bear and others weren't. We know 5 & 7 were slowing down for sure. While Jimmy did indeed pass the Bear (I was cheering for sure) it is not a sign of any relevance. Lets be realisitic, Jimmy was not on a record setting lap pace like so many of you want to believe. Period. My stopwatch doesn't lie. What was the true potential of the Ghost? Exactly what it did. No more. No less.
          Red
          chanting...400+

Comment

True Potential of the Ghost

Well let me put it this way - she made this old fart feel like a kid again.

When I heard Jimmy was bringing the Ghost back in 2009, and then seeing her in the pits in 2010 was a moment to remember. When I walked her, I was impressed with what Jimmy and the crew had done. They kept the spirit of an old racer alive, while bringing her up to modern standards. That's not a easy task, now-a-days we expect color and flash, what they did was create something that looked bad ass.

I felt like a kid when I reached out and touched her spinner. :-)

So with that said, the spirit of the Jimmy and the Ghost will live on forever.

Last edited by Desertdawg; 10-01-2011, 04:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Desertdawg View Post
              Well let me put it this way - she made this old fart feel like a kid again.
              Ahh... and there you have it.... why take a leak on our memories? At least, in this thread, please don't cloud our dreams and memories with your truth.

I reject your reality and replace it with my own.

Wayne Sagar
              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

my favorite plane is shermans yak...but there was something very special about the ghost no matter who you were, when the ghost was flying you were watching period . dont know of many other planes like that

Comment

Originally posted by IcePaq View Post
                  I was hoping discussion of the true potential of the ghost would continue.
                  Is a discussion still a discussion if only one side is presented?

Comment

Originally posted by Propellerhead View Post
                    Is a discussion still a discussion if only one side is presented?
                    **sigh** if the other side of the coin is presented with some kindness, in a non-insulting, "I know more than you know" way...

But, I think you're missing my point entirely. This thread was a nice place to remember and dream, perhaps I should have moved it to the fantasy section?

The messages I objected to were in the vein that lead to heated, insulting discussions... And, comments like Jarrod made simply piss me off and bring back memories of when this board was nearly controlled by some very objectionable people... who STILL to this day haunt this board via proxy servers and fake names....

Sorry Prophead that you don't agree with my method or message....

Walk a mile in my shoes!
                    Wayne Sagar
                    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
                    X