Ghost photo w/out trimtab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ghost photo w/out trimtab

I have decided to take this down... the more I look at it the worse I feel...

My Thoughts and Prayers go out to the Leeward family and all those who were injuried on the ground, I was not even their but when I recieved the news I felt sick to my stomach and I still have the feeling.
    Last edited by RRMERLIN7; 09-16-2011, 09:59 PM.
    W.Hughes

Re: Ghost photo w/out trimtab

Tailwheel fully deployed in photo 2. This is very hard to discuss right now.
    _________
    -Matt
    Red Bull has no earthly idea what "air racing" is.

Comment

The absolute worse place on the course to have that happen......

Comment

Originally posted by MRussell View Post
        lot's to talk about in that picture but it's a bit too hard now. I know it's what us pilots do and I know it is what Jimmy would be doing if it were someone else but I'll hold off on commenting on specifics I'll just say the gforce must be off the chart.

btw I cried like a baby for them all....

Comment

Originally posted by MRussell View Post
          I also can help but notice in the second pic with tail wheel deployed that jimmy is not visible. Im sure his head was in his lap like what happened to bucky. I'm sure when he came up he immediately pulled to avoid the stands. Jimmy is my hero......
          Bear..... and now Ghost Fever Forever...... John

Comment

Voodoo lost the same trim tab...and the similarities are terrifying...

Comment

I also wondered about the non visible helmet on both pictures.

What a tragedy!

Comment

Originally posted by RarebearFan77 View Post
                I also can help but notice in the second pic with tail wheel deployed that jimmy is not visible. Im sure his head was in his lap like what happened to bucky. I'm sure when he came up he immediately pulled to avoid the stands. Jimmy is my hero......
                yep, mine too....

Comment

jimmy is also my hero despite what the media say about a elderly pilot flying in to the stands.
                  blue skys Jimmy we will all miss you,
                  www.renosection3.com

Comment

The video tells all...... like buckwheat with a snap roll

Comment

I noticed that in the photo; right now about all I'm gonna say is condolences to the Leeward family and the others affected by this event.

The ****ing media is havin' a field day with this...where's the dignity?
                      Again, blue skies and a gentle breeze Jimmy......

Comment

The media has no dignity, we the fans must stick together and defend both Jimmy and the sport of air racing that we love. I can't believe how quick they were to post video of the accident. Shameful

Comment

Originally posted by alaskaracer View Post
                          The media has no dignity, we the fans must stick together and defend both Jimmy and the sport of air racing that we love. I can't believe how quick they were to post video of the accident. Shameful
                          Amen bro...........

Comment

What pisses me off the most is some loser writer comparing that poor excuse of an air race event (namely ULTIMATE Air Racing) with Reno/Stead and calling them "similar"....They are NOTHING alike!

See screen capture below...specific text is high-lighted in the red box...

Last edited by AirDOGGe; 09-16-2011, 10:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by alaskaracer View Post
                              So shortly after I was leaving the stands I was approached by a local TV station and asked if I would agree to sharing my thoughts. Not thinking I agreed. I said this was a real tradgey as we lost an air racing legend and that pilots knew the risks as well as the fans, that even though this seemed like a horrible accident that the event had a great 48 year history of safety, that this even was the last remaining event of its kind and that to lose it would be an even greater tradgedy. That I hoped that the Reno Air Racing officials would not let this tradgedy stop this historically important event, again restating the great overal history of safety, That the participants and spectators would want this event to live on.

I never talked about the horror and refused to offer any opinion about how it happened, so of course, being not sensational, but logical and reasoned my interview never aired.

The press wants a sensation, as it has been said, if it bleeds it leads!

And then you have CNN airing the opinions of "experts" like the moron that said it was clearly a "high speed stall" that happened because "Jimmy was pushing it"! I've got one of the largest private aviation libraries I know of and half of it is technical, never encounted a description of "pushing it" as a technical term related to stalling. This when already the officials were stating the current theory involved airframe malfunctions.

Let me leave you all with this, shot as Jimmy taxied out for the last time.

Godspeed Jimmy

Spacegrrrl
                              Last edited by spacegrrrl; 09-17-2011, 12:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X