Pylon 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pylon 1

Wayne, hope you don't mind me posting this.......

If ANYBODY talks to Mark from Pylon 1, PLEASE have him email or call me....

I am VERY interested in keeping the Pylon1 site going, if Mark is not able to.......

See ya'll up the hill! All the best, Randy Goss

randygoss75@aol.com
    Warlock #75, Steve Ballard, Al "Papa" Goss
    RIP 03/17/10

Randy,

Where Mark K. is, is the 24 thousand dollar question of the week... As of the second of July, the domain pylon1.com has expired. He's got, I think, something like 30 or 45 days before it goes back in the "pool".. which means, the "land grabbers" get it and then charge an arm and a leg to get it back...

Several of us have tried to call and email him with no joy on any front. If anyone lives close and has the word on Mark, let us know all is well, OK?

Wayne
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Mark and Pylon 1

Wayne, Thanks for the info....

I hope all is well with Mark. I have not made contact with him in a LONG time either......I am concerned about him as well.

If we can't get the Pylon 1 name/site back up....believe me....
      Pylon75 is just around the corner!!

Thanks again, and looking forward to seeing you at Reno!

LOVE the "Warlock" pictures on your site........
      Hope we can challenge the "Mystical One" for the big trophy this year!!! RG
      RIP 03/17/10

Comment

Re: Mark and Pylon 1

Originally posted by RandyGoss75
        LOVE the "Warlock" pictures on your site........
        Hope we can challenge the "Mystical One" for the big trophy this year!!! RG
        While all of us have been really focused on the Unlimited division, there's really quite a lot going in in the T-6 community and this year promises to be... VEERY... interesting!

I've been to PRS a few times, (all of them) Mary's always there.. I've never really seen her just saddle up and go out and do hot laps alone... she did and she looked damn serious... hummn....

Nada word outta Steve or Chip or Mary on what she wuz doin up there other than burnin a bunch of fuel and making a lot of noize

Then Mystical Power IS returnin... doubt Tom will be anything of a pushover.. WHO knows what that magic man might be up to back there in cold country all winter!

Yer dad... Nick... both of whom, I'd bet, are gamer than heck to be up front!

Then the dark horse... drum roll.. whom am I referring to???

Nobody should miss any of the T-6 action this year.. it's gonna be real competitive!

Wayne
        Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Dark Horse!???

My bet would be..........

Ken Dwelle.........

That Dwelle bunch sure knows how to go FAST!!

Kinda funny Wayne...for a long time RED T-6's went FAST.....
          For awhile now....BLUE ones have been doing just fine!

I would be happy to report in with T-6 news if anyone is interested????

All the best, RG
          RIP 03/17/10

Comment

Yea, it's funny how colors DO make a difference isn't it ;-)

Yep, the dark horse would be the Dwelle T-6.. Ken's a fine stick, I know they build nice stuff... they've had a lot of time, Larry K. built the motor... gonna be interesting to be sure!

Man, if you would want to keep your ear to the ground on the T-6 happenings.. post em up here..

We REALLY need some people who are involved with the other classes to connect with this site. We've got a ton of traffic daily and not really a lot of new good stuff for the visitors.

It's tough for one guy to pump it out.. I have a lot of phone numbers and could probably find out a lot of stuff... processing it and going from there to published material seems to be too daunting.

Send me stuff, or post it here.. it'd be good for the division to get some up to date POOP!

I'm sure you've been around long enough to know what you can and can not repeat without getting a 12" cresent bent round your wrist (or elsewhere )

Wayne
            Wayne Sagar
            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Mark is O.K.

I talked with the Markster last week and everything was fine. You all have to understand he has A LOT on his plate these days and finding time for the site has been a secondary issue. That may not be what we all want to hear at this point but, things are what they are. Mark was not concerned about updating the site as he felt the loyal followers were doing a great job on the news front. It may be the site simply fades away into the sunset and I respect Mark's decision to allow that to happen. The ONLY two people who could possibly understand what it takes to maintain a site like these are Wayne and Scott. Its not simply accomplished by affording an hour here or an hour there towards the site. Pylon1 has been a labor of love for Mark and I for one tip my hat to him for providing it to the masses but, there are more important issues in his life and he is going to give them his full attention. I am sure I speak for all of us when I say "We all hope for a speedy return to the world of aviation and air racing in particular". Thanks for the ride buddy!

Dave

Comment

Does someone want to run pylon1.com for a while?

If Mark decides he wants to get out of it....is there anyone else close to the action that would want to run the site......maybe RG75 might want to do it for Mark while he is "doing his thing" (not to reduce the importance of what Mark is doing) The name pylon1 has been out there soooo long I would hate to see all that work just fade away.......especially all those Galleries and Interviews with past racers....etc..etc....

Hope to see you back soon Mark....How's Moma ???
                Randy Rheinschild
                www.Unlimitedair.com

Comment

Paintboy, Can you still find a way to post your Eagles Nest story from pre-PRS days? Not to mention the running of Dreadnought's engine? Pics, vids, etc? We're hungry, Peas
                  Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG
                  World Speed Record Holder

Comment

Originally posted by Peashooter
                    Paintboy, Can you still find a way to post your Eagles Nest story from pre-PRS days? Not to mention the running of Dreadnought's engine? Pics, vids, etc? We're hungry, Peas
                    He's welcome to send it/post it here but I suspect that P1 will be back up before too long. It's pretty easy to miss a domain renewal.. I've done it before.. it's a bummer!

Guess we'll just have to wait ey...

Wayne
                    Wayne Sagar
                    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Providing the Stories Elsewhere

Peashooter,

I would love to be able to provide the items I have regarding Air Racing but, that would simply not work out. I am not going to get into that whole issue here as I have already had my ass handed to me because of my lack of presence to other sites. And that is O.K. I can live with it. I simply had to let the masses know what was going on with Mark and the site. He appreciates the concern and support from each and every visitor to the site. I hope someone can step up and first, convince Mark to hand over the reins to someone else. Second, give the site the needed time it requires to keep it going. If Randy is serious I wish him luck.

Comment

Re: Providing the Stories Elsewhere

Originally posted by paintboy
                        I would love to be able to provide the items I have regarding Air Racing but, that would simply not work out. I am not going to get into that whole issue here as I have already had my ass handed to me because of my lack of presence to other sites.
                        PB, nobody'll hand anyone their arse around here... less the handee is re-handed that which was already handed...

But there's likely enough news to go round even without yours so, we'll all just keep our undies out of a bundle and sit on 'em for a while, while we await the disclosures yet to come, from wherever, whomever, whyever, whenever, or everever...

Anyone got any more evers for this, I plumb ran outta 'em?

Wayne
                        Wayne Sagar
                        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Re: Providing the Stories Elsewhere

Originally posted by paintboy
                          Peashooter,

I would love to be able to provide the items I have regarding Air Racing but, that would simply not work out. I am not going to get into that whole issue here as I have already had my ass handed to me because of my lack of presence to other sites. And that is O.K. I can live with it. I simply had to let the masses know what was going on with Mark and the site. He appreciates the concern and support from each and every visitor to the site. I hope someone can step up and first, convince Mark to hand over the reins to someone else. Second, give the site the needed time it requires to keep it going. If Randy is serious I wish him luck.
                          Rodney King said it best, "Can't we all just get along?"
                          Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG
                          World Speed Record Holder

Comment

Pylon1 is back up

Hey ya'll P1 is back on line!!!!
                            Jason S.
                            Jason Schillereff

Comment

Working...
                            X