Strega

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strega

What's up with Strega? They lunched two motors last year, and I haven't heard a thing about 'em since. Is Tiger going to retire the project and sell it, or what?

I lost my Strega hat (Hey! I can be a fan of more than one team, so don't give me no lip, Bear Crew!) a couple weeks back, and subsequently discovered they've pulled their goodie store from their website. I e-mailed 'em about it, and got no reply.

Is Strega still in the game?

Eric J.

Eric,

The word we got from Tiger last time we talked with him and the word we get from those close to him is, "he's done"...

It's really sad but... Let's try to look at it this way... Tiger brought much joy and excitement to the sport from the day he first flew in it to the last day he flew...

He's a wonderful personality and brought MUCH to Air Racing, whether he was in the cockpit or or standing in his pit or having a sip of "dago red" in Czech Mate's pit.. or.. Working on television...

*IF* Indeed, Tige is done workin the cockpit from the inside, personally, having worked with him on the 2000 World of Wings pilot, and having "worked him" in the pits for several years, I'd love to see Tige get hooked up with whomever does the Reno TV show/shows of the future.

His color commentary is second to none and once he gets going and gets comfortable being the on-air guy.... watch out.. Tiger might just bring enough excitement with his interviews and commentary to make this a must watch event for anyone!

NOBODY works the pit reporter and fans like Tige! Nobody!

Wayne
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

You go Wayno!

I totally agree! From the first time I met Tiger hanging in Rhino's camp one year to the last time I hung with him in Reno....1999, he never said no to any fan or press who wanted to talk to him and he was always....I mean always on for them...hope to see him there this year!!! any news on his appearance this year Wayne?
      Randy Rheinschild
      www.Unlimitedair.com

Comment

So, any word, speculation or information on what will happen to Strega?

For sale? Returned to stock? Or just kept by tiger?

Comment

Originally posted by Reever
          So, any word, speculation or information on what will happen to Strega?

For sale? Returned to stock? Or just kept by tiger?
          As far as I know, Tiger has no plans to sell the airplane. I think, that bird is as much a part of the man as his right hand.. I doubt he'd sell it..

As for what he might do with it.. I've heard things but, they were said in confidence and I guess I'd better not repeat them.

Tiger really is a racer though, it's in his blood.. I think if the Bear has a good year, and their program takes off and they are in preparation for Reno '04 shortly after Reno '03... and... If Tiger has the airplane flying by Novemeber and accepts the invitation to fly it at the Nellis Air Show and gets in there "mixing" it up with John and Skip over Las Vegas....

I wonder if his juices would allow him to stay away?

Time will tell.. Anwering the post above.. I don't know if Tiger plans on being at Reno this year. I know it's tough for the racers to be there when they are not racing... there are a lot of his buddies there though... Watch for him in Czech Mate pit.. if he's going to be there without his own plane... that's where I'd put my money on him hanging out..

Wayne
          Wayne Sagar
          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
          X