Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oshkosh Airventure

Hey Guys,

Well its no Reno, but Oshkosh is getting close. Below are the dates that Scaled Composites will be speaking at this years EAA Airventure. I will be giving three talks this year and as always air racing will be covered. EAA is dedicating Thursdays show to Burt for his retirement. Some Scaled engineers have restored a couple of Burt's old airplanes and will be flying them out to pay tribute to the boss man. Friday will include a celebration of the 25th anniversary of the Voyager flights. As usual we will have Wasabi Swag for distribution at the talks. I hope everybody can make it out!

Elliot Seguin
    Scaled Composites
    Nemesis Air Racing
    Wasabi Air Racing

Elliot Seguin 7/26/2011 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM Garmin Tent Raceplanes and Rocketships
    Bob Morgan 7/27/2011 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM Garmin Tent Prototype Aircraft Development for Space Tourism
    Mike Melvill 7/28/2011 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM Garmin Tent Around the World in a Long-Ez
    Elliot Seguin 7/28/2011 2:30 PM - 3:45 PM Forum Pavilion 10 PolyFiber Mojave; Where It Happens
    Marc J. Zeitlin 7/29/2011 1:00 PM - 2:15 PM Forum Pavilion 02 GAMA Cozy MKIV Aircraft-Soup to Nuts
    Burt Rutan 7/29/2011 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM Garmin Tent Record Breaking Flights & Aircraft Designs
    Elliot Seguin 7/30/2011 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM Garmin Tent Mojave; Where It Happens
    Burt Rutan, Dick Rutan, Mike Melvill 7/29/2011 7:00 PM - 10:00 PM SpaceShip One / Voyager Voyager 25th Celebration
    Attached Files

Re: Oshkosh Airventure

I'm looking forward to Airventure and participating in the Airventure Cup race. I hope to catch some of the presentations (including yours!).

What other aircraft are being restored for the trip to OSH besides the Catbird?

Hope to meet you there,
    Last edited by Race83; 07-02-2011, 01:13 PM.
    Dave Adams
    Long EZ N83DT
    Race 83

Comment

Originally posted by Race83 View Post
      I'm looking forward to Airventure and participating in the Airventure Cup race. I hope to catch some of the presentations (including yours!).

What other aircraft are being restored for the trip to OSH besides the Catbird?

Hope to meet you there,
      Race 83,

Currently the aircraft that are publicly being prepared to honor Burt at Oshkosh are the Catbird and the Boomerang. The rest we'll just have to wait and see!

Hope to see you there.

Elliot

Comment

Hi Elliot,
        Its awesome that you are going to have wasabi swag at Oshkosh, but are you going to have wasabi at Reno? Hope so amigo!
        Brian

Comment

Hey Guys

In the interest of accuracy, below is the current list of scaled talks which includes the talks that Burt has just this week added to his schedule.

Hope to see everyone out there.

Here is to bratwurst and cheese curds,
          Elliot

Elliot Seguin 7/26/2011 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM Garmin Tent Raceplanes and Rocketships

Burt Rutan 7/27/2011 10:00 AM - 11:15 PM Forum Pavillion 07 Mainstage Burt Rutan Update

Bob Morgan 7/27/2011 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM Garmin Tent Prototype Aircraft Development for Space Tourism

Burt Rutan 7/27/2011 2:30 AM - 3:45 PM SpaceShip One / Voyager B08 Rutan Aircraft Designs

Burt Rutan 7/28/2011 10:00 AM - 11:15 PM Forum Pavillion 07 Mainstage Honda Aicraft Burt Rutan Update

Burt Rutan 7/28/2011 1:00 AM - 2:00 PM Conoco Plaza K12 Rutan Designs

Mike Melvill 7/28/2011 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM Garmin Tent Around the World in a Long-Ez

Elliot Seguin 7/28/2011 2:30 PM - 3:45 PM Forum Pavilion 10 PolyFiber Mojave; Where It Happens

Marc J. Zeitlin 7/29/2011 1:00 PM - 2:15 PM Forum Pavilion 02 GAMA Cozy MKIV Aircraft-Soup to Nuts

Burt Rutan 7/29/2011 11:30 AM - 12:45 PM Forum Pavillion 07 Mainstage Burt Rutan Update

Burt Rutan 7/29/2011 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM Garmin Tent Record Breaking Flights & Aircraft Designs

Elliot Seguin 7/30/2011 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM Garmin Tent Mojave; Where It Happens

Burt Rutan, Dick Rutan, Mike Melvill 7/29/2011 7:00 PM - 10:00 PM SpaceShip One / Voyager Voyager 25th Celebration

Comment

I will be there. FiFi, Naval aviation tribute, Bob Hoover tribute, 70 warbirds in the air at once.....P-51 rides all day, self medication around camp in the evening....what's not to like? Ok, there is the heat and humidity and Jerry's one man band....but does anyone know if the mini P-38 and the mini B-17 are showing up?

10,000 aircraft in, 10,000 aircraft out, 10,000 aircraft all about.
            Here is the schedule...
            Official website of the EAA AirVenture Oshkosh fly-in convention in Oshkosh, Wisconsin, attracting more than 500,000 people and 10,000 airplanes each July.
            Last edited by Coyote Chris; 07-13-2011, 10:08 PM.

Comment

You guys are makin' me drool here.. Last few times I went to OSH and SnF, I was working as a "pitch man" for an aircraft project, probably spent almost zero time anywhere but the display tent the last time I went, a couple years ago.. They did have the A380 though.. which I did get to see fly.

It's funny... if you wind up working at air shows.. which, it seems pretty much what I do when I do get to airshows these days... it starts "feeling like a job"...

Man-o-Man.. I need to get "the feeling" again..

Nice thread, building the excitement is a good thing!
              Wayne Sagar
              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
                You guys are makin' me drool here.. Last few times I went to OSH and SnF, I was working as a "pitch man" for an aircraft project, probably spent almost zero time anywhere but the display tent the last time I went, a couple years ago.. They did have the A380 though.. which I did get to see fly.

It's funny... if you wind up working at air shows.. which, it seems pretty much what I do when I do get to airshows these days... it starts "feeling like a job"...

Man-o-Man.. I need to get "the feeling" again..

Nice thread, building the excitement is a good thing!
                @Wayne

Last year we got locked out for the water (like everybody else). Anyway we arrived overhead at 10k with a full bag of gas and nobody to dance with. So we just orbited the airport for like an hour and a half. Watched the DC-7 arrive which was something I had really been looking forward to. The whole time there was that standard midwestern sky full of big puffies; lots to look at, nowhere to be, and lots of gas to get there. Most importantly we didn't have any talks to give or meetings to take, just hang out, keep the motor happy, and look out for traffic. It was really great.

I threw some pictures below, the last one of the Caudron, thats my favorite area in the whole state of wisconsin. Tree cover, lots of well buffed dope and fabric, grass. I wouldn't miss it for the world.

Elliot
                Attached Files

Comment

Cool plane! Chris leaving in 5 days and 10 hours but who's countin'?

Comment

Working...
                  X