Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Any Dago Red updates?

Originally posted by tele1 View Post
    I wonder if they might be interested in my special racing canopy or maybe my special two seat, two canopy, TF style model if Randy's prediction does come true? I'm having a little trouble remembering, but I believe the canopies may have originally been on a pretty fast airplane.
    Now THAT'S funny.

But wouldn't the be more at home on Greenamyer's Lanciar?

Comment

Man those canopies look rough, any chance they were involved in an emergency egress?

Kevin
      Last edited by FuryFan; 06-17-2011, 08:22 AM. Reason: inability to proof-read before hittin' the button

Comment

Experience from my childhood model-building days say B-58 Hustler canopies to me.

Comment

Originally posted by AirDOGGe View Post
          Experience from my childhood model-building days say B-58 Hustler canopies to me.
          Naw, those are definitely off of an SR-71.

Comment

I wonder if they might be interested in my special racing canopy or maybe my special two seat, two canopy, TF style model if Randy's prediction does come true? I'm having a little trouble remembering, but I believe the canopies may have originally been on a pretty fast airplane.
            Those are pretty cool. I'm guessing SR71, however the canopy on the right has windows that are pretty small. Could they be off the M12 drone test plane? I know the A12 didn't have a rear cockpit, however the M12 had the Q-bay modified to hold a 2nd crew member and the windows were smaller than those of the rear SR canopy.

If those are SR/A12 canopys, VERY cool. Where/how did you come across them. I can think of only a few SR/A12 crashes that happened over the US, and most were at Groom Lake. I know one or two were lost at Edwards, one was written off at Beale, one somewhere over New Mexico, and one in Nevada. I know they burried the "Rapid Rabbit" at the end of the runway at Kadena and one of the ones at Edwards has some horse stables built on top of the remains.

Again, very cool. Thanks for sharing.

Will

Comment

Hmmmm, that Greenamyer guy, ya. Didn't he win a race or two? I think he might feel right at home with the canopies. Emergency egress? Well, I think that would be considered a likely assumption. My memory is a little hazy on the matter, but rest assurred nobody was killed during whatever may or may not have happened. I will try to bring my memories into focus on that matter, but I've got to head out to Stead to see Heath.........no check that, all the pretty airplanes. And what was going on yesterday when the guy flying that loud purple looking airplane with steam coming out the back climbed out of the cockpit to a standing ovation and hugged the hot blonde girl's dad? I get distracted so easily these days.

Comment

I'm gonna take a wild guess at the source of those two items...........the yf-12 that crashed on approach to EAFB......it didn't quite make the lakebed.....just a hunch.

Kevin

Comment

No way you really have those in your possession! wtf almost doesn't seem right.
                  _________
                  -Matt
                  Red Bull has no earthly idea what "air racing" is.

Comment

Originally posted by MRussell View Post
                    No way you really have those in your possession! wtf almost doesn't seem right.

I know of two that crashed over open area. If he found them at either of the crash sites (or for that matter no where near since they were jettisoned before the pilot and RSO punched out at high mach), its possible. If I had them, they'd be mounted on my wall as a shrine to the SR71.

Will

Comment

Working...
                    X