No announcement yet.

"Mowing the lawn" with your jet fly-by!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Mowing the lawn" with your jet fly-by!

I don't think I have ever seen a lower fly-by by any full size aircraft, much less what appears to be a military trainer jet.

Well, that is except for cases where the plane actually touched the ground. This one didn't, and you almost wonder "why not?" after you see this most incredible footage!

And "mowing the lawn" isn't just a cute title....Look at the grass below his flight path after he passes....

Enjoy...I know you all will (I strongly recommend full-screen mode...):

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eebBjs507Yc&feature=player_embedded#at=14[/YT]

Last edited by AirDOGGe; 06-04-2011, 11:12 PM.

Re: "Mowing the lawn" with your jet fly-by!

Wow! If that guy wasn't in ground effects he was NUTS! Well.... maybe either way he was nuts.

Comment

He was nuts, and very very lucky he didn't kill 8 or 10 people. I stopped framed the video, and he looks to be about 1-2 feet above the ground. If those guys on the ground hadn't hit the deck, they probably would have been hit. Looks cool, but looking cool sometimes is STUPID!
      Brian
      Last edited by supercub; 06-05-2011, 06:34 AM.

Comment

i hope he was taken off flying status and knocked down a few pay grades for that that stunt. As the airboss in top gun said, "son, your writing checks your body cant cash."
        bob burns
        ex tow-3, now race 66 crew
        "dont mess with texas"

Comment

TWO FEET AGL sounds about right...(screen snapshot):

Comment

One positive is that he has put the low flying record out of reach which may keep people from ever attempting to fly lower.

Comment

the low flying record cannot be set, only tied.
              bob burns
              ex tow-3, now race 66 crew
              "dont mess with texas"

Comment

Originally posted by tow-3 View Post
                the low flying record cannot be set, only tied.
                .... in that last nanosecond that it can be called "flying."

Comment

Originally posted by AirDOGGe View Post
                  I don't think I have ever seen a lower fly-by by any full size aircraft, much less what appears to be a military trainer jet.

Well, that is except for cases where the plane actually touched the ground. This one didn't, and you almost wonder "why not?" after you see this most incredible footage!

And "mowing the lawn" isn't just a cute title....Look at the grass below his flight path after he passes....

Enjoy...I know you all will (I strongly recommend full-screen mode...):

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eebBjs507Yc&feature=player_embedded#at=14[/YT]

You are right AirDOGGe, it is a military trainer jet built in Argentina,... and a very risky low pass.
                  For sure wonīt be easy to beat this one and I donīt believe the same pilot would do it again.

Comment

Have you wondered what the pilot's view of that flyby may have looked like?

Well, now's your chance to find out! The pilot has made available a cockpit-view video of the same fly-by:

LINK: http://gizmodo.com/5809436/exclusive...est-flyby-ever

WARNING!!!: Turn down your volume, unless you WANT to hear that damn "Danger Zone" Top Gun song yet again
                    Last edited by AirDOGGe; 06-13-2011, 09:29 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X