Spruce Goose Dingy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spruce Goose Dingy

I acquired the dingy from the wing of the Spruce Goose. This was purchased from the family of Howard Hughes' Secretary. I am currently looking for the right buyer to care and appreciate the value of this great looking dingy. If anyone is interested, please email me your info and I will get hold of you. I attached some photos. Thank you, kaper.Click image for larger version

Name:	hughes sportster.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	23.7 KB
ID:	240000

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0892 hughs.jpg
Size:	229.7 KB
ID:	240001

Name:	IMG_0893 hughs.jpg
Size:	150.3 KB
ID:	240002

Name:	IMG_0896 hughes.jpg
Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	240003

Name:	IMG_0897 hughes floor.jpg
Size:	86.0 KB
ID:	240004
    Last edited by klampit; 05-29-2011, 10:39 AM. Reason: spelling

Re: Spruce Goose Dingy

There were many of these boats made. What provenance documentation does this dinghy come with?
    Last edited by planecrazy2; 05-29-2011, 03:23 PM.
    '71 S.D.1000, '85-'91,'94',95,'97-'99,'02,'04,'06,'08,'10,'13,'14 NCAR.

Comment

I have no documents, only what the salesman told me at the time of purchase.

Comment

I was one of Howard Hughes' personal secretaries, and worked closely with Will Lummis, the Administrator of the Hughes Estate. As an attorney, I was very much aware of the Estate assets, including the Flying Boat. I never saw a dinghy like this. I went to the Flying Boat Hangar in Long Beach and secured all the files and papers that have ended up at the Evergreen Aviation Museum. This is the first time I have ever heard about a dinghy being connected with the Flying Boat. It would be interesting to know the name of the party who sold you this dinghy. Until then, I doubt the claim that it had anything to do with the Hughes Flying Boat

Comment

So, was this dinghy made in Nigeria? /sarc

Go Bear!
          Don

Comment

Working...
          X