Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Cost effective way to get a Pilots license?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Best Cost effective way to get a Pilots license?

Originally posted by Big_Jim View Post
    I'm sorry, this is going to come across harsher than I am intending it, but...you can't compare what you're doing in motocross to what you would be doing in military flight training. You're talking apples and oranges. The standards for acceptance into a military flight training program have medical limitations for a reason. The comment about 'standards being relaxed' and such have never been about medical issues...they have always been about grades or eyesight stuff.

If you have a medical issue that keeps you from meeting the entry standards, it's not because they are singling you out...it is because there is something within the physiological/aeromedical training regimine. And most likely it is that because of whatever that ailment is you would not be able to perform certain maneuvers, take on a specific g-load, or have range of motion to manipulate the controls...or worse, it is a condition that DOING the above mentioned things could or would worsen your condition or cause serious injury or death. For instance, if you had to bail out or eject out of your aircraft, what would the impact on your spine be?

And what you want to fly (i.e. the suggestion do go for 'just' helicopters, for example) has no bearing on it...because ALL military pilots undergo the same syllabus in primary flight training no matter what platform or community they end up going to. A helo pilot gets the same training as a fighter pilot or cargo pilot. Aerobatics, formation, navigation, etc. The entry standards for medical are based on passing the minimums for primary flight training.

Trust me...I had guys 'boarded-out' of my flight training class for stuff that just made you scratch your head...but there was a medical reason for it.

So while you can be pissed about it, just don't take it personally.
    Ok first do you even know that Motocross is the most Physically demanding Sport in the World? Riding 2 30min motos back to back is the most physically demanding thing you can do, do you want to know what is like? Go to Denver and Hold your breath while you run at your max pace for 10 mins straight with 2 25lb dumbbells at yourside. Thats what a racing Motocross feels like and its more physcally demanding that Air Force Basic training, how do I know I knew a guy who raced Motocross that joined the Air Force and he found the Air Force easier.
    As for the ejection hurting my spine, I've landed hard on the ground from about 30 feet in the air more than once and my Spine was fine. As for G load, Im sure pulling a 300LB bike around for 60 mins in tight turns and trying to keep it stable under a whoops section is like pulling Gs.
    So to say Motocross can't compared to Flight Training is a dumb statement when Motocross is the most physically demanding sport in the world.
    I bet your one of those guys who thought motocross was nothing more than a twist of the throttle.
    Last edited by MXrider13; 06-27-2011, 09:51 AM.
    "I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."

Comment

I'll make it simpler thatn Big Jim's expalanation. They have thousands of applicants for hundreds of spots. The military is going to invest over 1 million dollars in your training and they are looking for any reason that it might be a bad investment. Nothing personal, but if they have 2 equally qualified applicants they are taking the one without any medical issues, regardless. its not personal its just a fact. I am sure you are physically fit and do well in motocross racing it just business!

Comment

Originally posted by Arctic Cat View Post
        I'll make it simpler thatn Big Jim's expalanation. They have thousands of applicants for hundreds of spots. The military is going to invest over 1 million dollars in your training and they are looking for any reason that it might be a bad investment. Nothing personal, but if they have 2 equally qualified applicants they are taking the one without any medical issues, regardless. its not personal its just a fact. I am sure you are physically fit and do well in motocross racing it just business!
        Well your answer is much better, but Big Jim to go and say motocross doesn't compare to flight training is beyond ignorant... But then again me and almost every motocross rider should be use to it since we get told motocross takes no effort or isn't a sport from football players, soccer players, marines, tenis players, golfers and everyone else who has never raced a moto...
        Last edited by MXrider13; 06-27-2011, 10:43 AM.
        "I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."

Comment

Deleted by author.
          Last edited by Big_Jim; 06-27-2011, 12:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MXrider13 View Post
            Well your answer is much better, but Big Jim to go and say motocross doesn't compare to flight training is beyond ignorant... But then again me and almost every motocross rider should be use to it since we get told motocross takes no effort or isn't a sport from football players, soccer players, marines, tenis players, golfers and everyone else who has never raced a moto...
            I thought alls you had to be able to do was twist your right wrist?

Comment

Originally posted by Bob View Post
              I thought alls you had to be able to do was twist your right wrist?
              Is way more than that man, trying make a 300LB bike go 25 Feet in the air, you have to use a lot of leg strength and endurance.

Ask Rickey Carmichael
              Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Big Jim didn't discredit the difficulty of MX, he just said it was different and they have a reason for it & not to take it personal.

Comment

Big Jim didn't discredit the difficulty of MX, he just said it was different and they have a reason for it & not to take it personal.
                  Yeah but like MARK SHANE said, in the past they took people with scoliosis but now they won't take anybody with it. I only have Minor soliosis and you can't even tell I have it by just looking.
                  I think its hard to not to take it personal when your only 18 at MEPS who can't get in, who wanted a career and a bunch of 35 year olds who are only joining just due to the economy pass MEPS...

Oh well I think I would rather be entrepreneur/ race Motocross now anyway.

Comment

Yup, you're right dude. Motocross racing is WAY more mentally and physically challenging than flying a high performance military aircraft in combat.

That's what you believe, and nobody is going to convince you otherwise...so good luck with that.

Comment

Originally posted by MXrider13 View Post
                      What kind of experience do you have in military airplanes to know what IT is like?

Oh, you don't?

Who is the "ignorant? one again?

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Haskin View Post
                        Yup, you're right dude. Motocross racing is WAY more mentally and physically challenging than flying a high performance military aircraft in combat.

That's what you believe, and nobody is going to convince you otherwise...so good luck with that.
                        The already have done testing, they proved that racing motocross takes the most endurance out of anything. Also Dirt Rider magazine proved that pro motocross riders are in better shape than Marines! I know most Fighter Pilots played football or basketball in High School (atleast the ones I met have) or college but that has nothing on Motocross.
                        But I guess your right Dirt Rider doesn't know anything, or do anything motocross pros.

Comment

Randy, you talk like you know something about that!

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Haskin View Post
                            What kind of experience do you have in military airplanes to know what IT is like?

Oh, you don't?

Who is the "ignorant? one again?
                            What kind of experience do you have racing Motocross? Oh wait you never have!
                            So who is ignorant?

Comment

http://www.eaavideo.org/video.aspx?v=994525114001
                              Sure he may know how to fly a plane, he may know more about flying but when it comes to Physically demanding Motocross is the top, it is the most physically demanding thing anyone can do!

Comment

http://www.eaavideo.org/video.aspx?v=994525114001
                                Like I said on the WIX board last week...if you tied my brother's hand's together, I'm not sure he could tell the story! :-) Of course, if it was ME telling the story, I'd have to use both hands to simulate the bomber!
                                Last edited by Big_Jim; 06-27-2011, 01:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X