Rare Bear 475 MPH Lap Video and PRS Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rare Bear 475 MPH Lap Video and PRS Update

I just posted the Update that Sharon Coates whipped up over on http://www.rarebear.com/ at the bottom of the page, links to a little video presentation that I made from stuff shot from the top of home pylon during the run..

Must forgive me the choppiness of the vid, the capture method I use makes any wiggle look much worse than it does on the original.

I also had to edit out a few things that can not be repeated or this reporter would forever be banned from the Rare Bear pit.. after the Bear got done chewing on me that is!

Enjoy!

Wayne
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

For the first time in some time I was able to make it out to Reno to meet the "Rare Bear" team and watch John fly. I just wanted to join John in saying that this group of guys and the three wives that I met (JoAnna, Michelle and Donna) are absolutely the best!! It was a much delayed honor to finally shake their hands (and give a few hugs) to the people that make it all possible for John to fly safely. If it weren't for the crew that is now taking care of the "Rare Bear", my comfort level with John flying might not be as high as it is... We all sometimes forget that it is usually the people in the background that make the person in the foreground look good, and this crew does just that. THANK YOU GENTLEMEN FOR THE JOB YOU ARE DOING AND THE DEDICATION TO THE PROJECT THAT YOU ARE GIVING!!! Wayne, it was also my pleasure to finally meet you and your lady -- please forgive my forgetfulness with her name, I am still trying to pass the test with ALL of the crew names. I look forward to seeing all of you in Reno in September!

Stephanie Penney

Comment

Stephanie,

and it was a great pleasure to meet you also! For the record, her name is Linda and she was impressed with you and John also!

I have to agree on the crew, they are a fine bunch! I think Tom Dwelle said it best in the World of Wings TV show that was done in 2000 when he said something like "the pilot is at the top of a really big pyramid with all the people who make it happen making up that structure." or something like that (he said it a lot better!)

Not only are they a fine crew, John is simply one of the few who can do what he does as well as he does... and he stays NICE too!

Very nice meeting you Stephanie! Hope to see you in September!

Wayne
      Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Video

That is a great video. It makes me want September to start tomorrow.
        Rare Bear Fan Sponsor

Comment

I feel that most of the die hard racing heads would like to see the Bear do well, and thats as it should be, but lets not forget that during PRS, there are no pylon judges on the pylons, and any clocking done on any racer in whatever catagory is not a certified time. It really doesn't take much of a cut on any pylon, or pylons that will show a much faster speed as opposed to one flown free of cuts. I am not saying that anyone who took the course in the 3 days of PRS cut a single pylon, while on an unofficial clock, I'm just stating a fact.
          "The Speaker"

Comment

Actually Speaker, from what I saw of John's runs, and granted, I was not at each pylon but... What I did see showed him flying a pretty conservative line, meaning, pretty wide of the pylons.

My "mission" there was to get a good Pylon shot of the Bear.. and darn John was flying the fast course, not the photographer's course..

Of course, we all know that the speed was unofficial but... it is indicitive of the fact that The Bear is making some significant horsepower again....

September will be, for sure, very interesting.

Wayne
            Wayne Sagar
            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
            X