Thread: Shockwave...

Default Shockwave...

Alright, what sport racer bought Shockwave? I've heard from several reliable sources that it was sold. All of those sources said it was a current Sport Class racer who raced this year who bought it. There was supposed to be an announcement made over the weekend about it, but, crickets.

How cool will it be to have Tsunami and Shockwave both sitting on the ramp? (Both are Bruce Bolland designs.) This is a photoshoot that needs to happen.

Will

Default Re: Shockwave...

I heard this from very reliable sources as well. Foot currently tapping.
    You'll get your chance, smart guy!

The hints I have are:
    Going to Utah.
    Going to someone with a very fast Lancair
    Going to someone with crazy fabrication skills.

The only people I can think of from Utah that fit those clues are Pete Z, and Mike Patey. I'm not sure that Pete has the $ to take on a project like that, but Mike Patey might. He also has the fabrication skills to make it happen. Oh he also has a turboprop Lancair.

Will

Quote Originally Posted by RAD2LTR View Post
    Oh he also has a turboprop Lancair.
    It was sold, so he indeed needs some speed in his hangar!

The hints I have are:
    Going to Utah.

The only people I can think of from Utah that fit those clues are Pete Z, and Mike Patey. I'm not sure that Pete has the $ to take on a project like that, but Mike Patey might. He also has the fabrication skills to make it happen. Oh he also has a turboprop Lancair.

Will
    So if it's the latter, there should be hours and hours of YouTube videos on the build for the next couple years, right?

For anyone that wants a little more hope that this might happen (no confirmation that it is Patey yet), check out @Shockwave600 on Instagram. One photo, Shockwave on a trailer posted 4 days ago.
    *My Air Race Site*

Reno from '99 to '19

The hints I have are:
    Going to Utah.

Will
    Owner does not live in Utah. Builder assistance does...

Quote Originally Posted by Race5 View Post
    Owner does not live in Utah. Builder assistance does...
    It has been my opinion that the only way that the Unlimited class is ever going to be elevated to its former glory pretty much rested on the backs of Shockwave, Tsunami, American Spirit and even Wildfire! So its rather exciting that someone with some cash has started to work on one of these projects.