• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mike Brown?

Originally posted by Reever View Post
    Thank you,
    Steve Carter
    Steve... please check your PM's, I need you to update your email address in your profile, notifications from the board are bouncing into my inbox....

TIA!
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Well, this here thread's morphed off its' topic title several times to various destinations, but since Bruce, John, Kiwi & others shared some neat discussions on the Bf-109E, here's a couple links to share relating to surviving 109s & restoration projects that might be of interest at this time (certainly some of the info might be a bit dated now)...

This website is for sale! adlertag.de is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, adlertag.de has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

DBD

Comment

Mr Lockwood...
        Many thanks for the correction.. I knew thought that Craig Charelston had rebuilt a couple of Emil's but wasnt sure, but i knew he was rebuilding the one for Tim.
        race fan, photographer with more cameras than a camera store

Comment

Here is one to get the discussion started. Bear Driver at KPAE. Rad
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Funflyer View Post
            Here is one to get the discussion started. Bear Driver at KPAE. Rad
            I really, Really need to get up there for one of those.

Comment

OK.. I'm thinkin' now, it's time to split this thread up so it can live a longer life with a correct topic line..

Thoughts??

Wayne Sagar
              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Think that would be quite appropriate, Wayne... (& I was thinkin' the same thing myself), starting a new 'Me-109E thread' w/post #33. Just my opinion.

DBD

Comment

2nd that. It will take a day or so for me to get a few 109 notes gathered.

Comment

I concor 100%. Rad

Comment

That would be cool...

Comment

Originally posted by bruce lockwood View Post
                        2nd that. It will take a day or so for me to get a few 109 notes gathered.
                        I'll do it.. Just now, gotta get to bed, so's I can get up at the buttcrack of dawn to give moral support to a buddy in court tomorrow morning.. He didn't do nuttin but rent his plane to an idiot... but.... that's another story as they say... plaintiff's "expert", sadly, is an air racer.... who should know better... but.... I digress....

I'll fix the thread tomorrow!
                        Wayne Sagar
                        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Got to see David Price doing his test flight program on the 109 Friday October 29, 1999 at Chino. Man what a sight and sound that was and of course I had no camera. Getting to see it fly and hearing him run that engine up on the ramp waiting to take off was incredible. I can still hear it!

I could have went to Fontana that day to watch the Champ Cars, (that was the original plan) (and I would have got to see Greg Moore two days before his fatal accident there) but I'm glad I decided instead to go to Chino and have lunch with some warbird industry friends.
                          Last edited by John H; 02-24-2011, 12:06 AM.

Comment

Re: Flying the ME/BF-109 - Split From Mike Brown Thread

Ok Guys and Gals... Split the thread, let me know if anyone feels any posts were moved incorrectly... there's no "easy button" for doing so, I could have missed or moved some incorrectly....

GOOD THREADS BOTH!
                            Wayne Sagar
                            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Thank you Wayne..
                              One thing i was wondering, and if Messers Lockwood or Penney could enlighten us id be greatful.
                              I've read pilots reports from those who have flown 109's in various forms including the Buchon's that the framed canopy with the big armour plating behind the pilot gave the cockpit a rather cramped feel, most of those reports have been from Buchon Pilots, and from a bit of research the F & G model 109's the framing on the canopy was a lot heavier than the B-E Models...

Comment

Just to add another first-hand perspective, here's a couple links w/Skip Holm's pilot report on flying the HA-1112 "Buchon" version, w/some good Me/Bf-109 history notes included regarding the later 109 variants:

(Think this might've been prev. posted on a different thread / The late Mark Hanna also wrote a good pilot report on flying the HA-1112 Buchon - the plane which he was flying when he was tragically killed, unfortunately)

DBD
                                Last edited by BuckyD; 02-25-2011, 12:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X