Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: September Fury

Originally posted by Race5 View Post
    No, I think Voodoo is capable of beating both of them.
    Now that's funny!

Please pass the crack pipe.

Comment

naaaa.....Dago is still faster.

Comment

Originally posted by SCEPTER View Post
        naaaa.....Dago is still faster.
        No, Dago is a pile of parts soon to be a stocker.

Comment

Originally posted by jarrodeu View Post
          I think the Galloping Ghost while it may be fast, still is not in the same class as Rare Bear, Voodoo, and Strega. Time will tell but it hasn't really gone very fast yet.

Jarrod
          I think that The Galloping Ghost IS in the same class as Rare Bear, Voodoo, and Strega.
          She hasn't really gone fast on the course yet....because she didn't have to. Jimmy easily took every race that The Galloping Ghost was in. Granted they were Bronze and Silver class races. But the Ghost wasn't even breaking a sweat. I think that if that 2010 Gold race would have been run....The Galloping Ghost would have taken it.
          I hope the team has t-shirts for sale in 2011! I would have bought one last year if they had them.

Comment

Originally posted by Race5 View Post
            No, Dago is a pile of parts soon to be a stocker.

That is not what Bruce Lockwood said a month ago on this thread.

All Air Racing All the time! Unregistered visitors: this forum is open for your reading enjoyment. We invite you to join so you can enjoy the full features of this system. Including file uploads, event calender, private messages and more. Due to an unmanageable amount of SPAM membership applications, the join process is a few step process. It all makes it secure!

Comment

Right on.

Wouldn't it be awesome to see Jimmy Leeward in The Galloping Ghost and Skip Holm in Dago Red battling it out for the Gold?!?!!?

Comment

Awesome, yes. Likely? Far from it... The Ghosts short wings will keep it behind the front runners. How strong is its engine (assuming it's still the motor for 2011)? Who knows? Rumors have been wide-ranging on it's potential, but those in the know have indicated it's not an Allison rod fire-breather like Strega and Voodoo run. I think it certainly can go faster, but taking the gold will be a tall order.

Dago?? Only time will tell...but even if it has found its way into the hands of a competitor, is there enough time to get it ready for this year?

Comment

Originally posted by Box A35 View Post
                  That is not what Bruce Lockwood said a month ago on this thread.

http://www.aafo.com/hangartalk/showthread.php?t=8692
                  I stand by my statement.

Comment

Originally posted by Wingnut View Post
                    Awesome, yes. Likely? Far from it... The Ghosts short wings will keep it behind the front runners. How strong is its engine (assuming it's still the motor for 2011)? Who knows? Rumors have been wide-ranging on it's potential, but those in the know have indicated it's not an Allison rod fire-breather like Strega and Voodoo run. I think it certainly can go faster, but taking the gold will be a tall order.

Dago?? Only time will tell...but even if it has found its way into the hands of a competitor, is there enough time to get it ready for this year?
                    I wait patiently for the day Dago shows up on the Reno ramp again.
                    I truely doubt and did not imply that it would be 2011.

Comment

Originally posted by WARPT View Post
                      I wait patiently for the day Dago shows up on the Reno ramp again.
                      I truely doubt and did not imply that it would be 2011.
                      My apologies--as usual I was reading too fast and misunderstood!
                      You're right though--I'd kill to see both the Ghost and Dago at the top of their game

Comment

Originally posted by Wingnut View Post
                        My apologies--as usual I was reading too fast and misunderstood!
                        You're right though--I'd kill to see both the Ghost and Dago at the top of their game

Yes, that would be one for the ages!
                        Hey, no worries. I get excited reading this message board too.

Comment

Report on Furias is positive with new race canopy now being installed. We should be testing in a month or two. In regards to previous quotes on the Ghost. Everyone knows what a fan I am of the boil off. Stiletto was the fastest plane I ever flew in a straight line. The issue is I don't think Jimmy has all the bugs out of his boiler system yet. She appeared to me to be blowing a lot of water over board on even its low powered laps. The issue will be consumption at race power. I personally don't think he has enough water capacity at this stage to run kill power for a entire race. I think what we viewed this last years was teething problems with water consumption and air frame issues. The plane is far from being a Strega, Voodoo or BEar at this point aerodynamically. Those planes have a decades to refine and be what they are. No one and I mean no one is going to just pop in and run away with the race. The speeds these guys ar now going are approaching aero dynamic concerns of the wings, not just drag issues because of their scoops. The Ghost will certainly be a fast plane, but I don't think 2011 is the year of the Ghost. Time will tell and I might be all wet on this one, but I wouldn't bet against me on this one either. There are only two people out on the course that have run boilers are Jimmy Leeward and me. I finished my Sunday race in 1992 in 4th and I had the fastest aerodynamic plane out there.

Comment

Matt, thanks for your input as always, i cant wait to see Furias again with the new mods...
                            It will be interesting to see the ghost once they get all the bugs out of the system..
                            Can anyone shed any light on the plans to put the boil off system into Voodoo and remove the scoop? with the Voodoo engine program and the airframe work already done, to go for a boil off and remove the scoop i think she would be the ultimate in super mustangs...
                            race fan, photographer with more cameras than a camera store

Comment

Any plans to have Furias at PRS this year Matt ?
                              Russ
                              Knotty Girl Crew

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Jackson View Post
                                The speeds these guys ar now going are approaching aero dynamic concerns of the wings, not just drag issues because of their scoops.
                                Could you elaborate on that?

Thanks,
                                Jarrod

Comment

Working...
                                X