Carrier John C Stennis cat launches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carrier John C Stennis cat launches

Interesting clip of the flight deck operations and cat launches, and the many men it takes for it all to work.

aircraft

Cloudchaser

Re: Carrier John C Stennis cat launches

Landed aboard her in a C-2 during sea trials as a VIP some years ago. Spent the day and night and did a launch in the morning.
    One of the most amazing things was how many people were on the flight deck when the lights were turned on after night operations. Also at night once the jet is caught all lights on the jet and carrier deck are flipped off.
    If you ever get the chance be sure to do it, I know people who didn't. Have a great New Year, KC

Comment

Went on a dependence day cruise on board the USS Oriskany in 1967. The days of A-4's, F-8's, A-1 Skyraiders and A-3's. Watched flight opps most of the day. It is one of the most awesome experiences I have ever had.

Comment

I've been aboard the Stennis, the Regan (before her first sea run), and the Carl Vincent. All were tours and no flight activity but I would love to experience it first hand from the flight deck or second seat on a cat launch (grin). Amazing ships, you can get lost pretty easy down in the lower decks.

Cloudchaser

Comment

Working...
        X