Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: The best color scheme ever in a Reno Racer ?

Default Re: The best color scheme ever in a Reno Racer ?

Well, green and purple have been my favorite colors forever, so Voodoo!!!

However, my non reno fave race livery is the Laird Super Solution and this old black and yellow P-51, which I can't remember the name of...

I'm a bit biased to "Blind Man's Bluff" Paint scheme and as a matter of fact the entire Airplanes total look... My brothers, Dale and Larry Burton pretty much were responsible for the airplanes birth with the funding from Eric Lorenson... Dale did the paint scheme, silver leaf numbers and all. Race fans can probably tell that he was influenced greatly by Sprint car, Midget, and Indy car paint schemes. Dale was responsible for many, many, paint and lettering jobs on race cars in USAC and Indy cars for many years. The Indianapolis "Hall of Fame" Museum houses many of the original cars and restored cars he painted and or lettered on display there. rb

I love Super Corsair with Budweiser Light and that big red 1 on her tail!

Now then, I might as well get it over with... I really like Rare Bears current paint!
    Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by MUSNTCHIT View Post
    I'm a bit biased to "Blind Man's Bluff" Paint scheme and as a matter of fact the entire Airplanes total look... My brothers, Dale and Larry Burton pretty much were responsible for the airplanes birth with the funding from Eric Lorenson... Dale did the paint scheme, silver leaf numbers and all. Race fans can probably tell that he was influenced greatly by Sprint car, Midget, and Indy car paint schemes. Dale was responsible for many, many, paint and lettering jobs on race cars in USAC and Indy cars for many years. The Indianapolis "Hall of Fame" Museum houses many of the original cars and restored cars he painted and or lettered on display there. rb
    Hi RB; Glad you saw my post. I've had the priviledge of meeting Larry and the Dwelle family and they were even nice enough to let me acquire a piece of BMB that they had removed early in their ownership. What a treasure! Thank you for your part in that all too brief venture.
    Bill K

While I'm partitial to the "Gold" bear, I'd have to give it to the F2G #57. Cool then and still cool now.

To me there are 3 general classes of paint scheme, and I like examples of all of them.

One class is military markings- Dreadnought, Argonaut, Pardue's Sea Fury, etc. Kinda hard to rank them, so let's set them aside.

The other two are "elegant, simple, looks fast" schemes, and the "flamboyant hot rod" scheme. I think the "hot rod" styles are the ones that people either love or hate

Dago Red, Strega, Shelton-era Rare Bear, and Galloping Ghost are great examples of "fast but simple." There are manyf others I like too, but those are my favorites.

Miss Merced is probably my favorite "hot rod" scheme. Just a classic no matter how you look at it (and with both the white and yellow spinners).

I'm quite partial to the Bear's new paint job - Mr. Lewis put a lot of time and money into that. That being said, I absolutely LOVE the paint scheme on Spirit of Texas! Every time I walk into the pits that paint job just catches my eye and I can't seem to quit looking at it. (and I have no affiliation to Texas)

Least favorite paint job - and I hate to say this because it's correct - Glacier Girl. Maybe we should start a post for least favorite paint job, without hurting feelings of course.

Oh, absolutely love the paint job dedicated to the memory of Al, as well!

Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg66 View Post
    Maybe we should start a post for least favorite paint job, without hurting feelings of course.
    Mr. Awful (1994).

Mr. Choppers (1964).

Able Cat (1969).

Travis Morris' F8F (1971).

Mustang Fever (1980).

Hello Bill K., Larry and Dale put alot of themselves into the building of "Blind Man's Bluff"... My only contribution to her was the name... Eric Lorenzen was the financier and owner of BMB... Eric also owned the Levolor Blind Company...hence the name "Blind Mans Bluff"....!! ron burton

Smile Re: The best color scheme ever in a Reno Racer ?

...hmmmm...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SFW-C73-30.jpg 
Views:	211 
Size:	166.8 KB 
ID:	16770   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SFW-C73-31.jpg 
Views:	207 
Size:	184.1 KB 
ID:	16771   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SFW-C74-6.jpg 
Views:	242 
Size:	106.9 KB 
ID:	16772