Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The best color scheme ever in a Reno Racer ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The best color scheme ever in a Reno Racer ?

I always was partial to the poppy orange of Critical Mass, Taz with his hair on fire, and the atoms to finish off the theme.

Comment

Miss Foxy Lady at her Reno debut, black with that pointed spinner. It just looked COOL.
      Leroy Penhalls #81, yellow and orange, one of my favorite civvie schemes.
      Tipsy Too was simple and I liked it.
      I know I am alone but I actually liked the bear in it's green colors.
      Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
      airplanenutleo@gmail.com
      thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Since I started this thread and have really never seen a Reno Racer live I can only give a view to nice scheme..here is the Epic simple colors..

Looks very up to date. It does not always have to blow up the conciousness totally.

Could that be applied to a racer ?
        http://max3fan.blogspot.com/

Comment

heh

Originally posted by BillA View Post
          You guys are all wrong.

I beg to differ the 'spermmobile' never did make it for me....

Comment

Originally posted by T. Adams View Post
            I bet Taichi cried when he had to do that drawing.
            The original concept for that paint job, had it actually been completed, would have been awesome.

It was *supposed* to be like a burn off effect where the airplane transitioned from a chekered nose military paint scheme all the way through to a race scheme....

I think I have the sequence wrong but the concept drawings I saw early on were awesome... Time ran out, communication or lack thereof and thre time it takes to make actual flames, saw us through to what we had that year..
            Wayne Sagar
            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Tigers cartoon that year said it all... Someone has posted it here, I have a copy for myself but it is theirs to post, not mine! Wayne?
              I thought it's current scheme was closer to the concept than any other? In the sun it sure is purdy!
              airplanenutleo@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by luscombe View Post
                For me its a Tie between Vodoo and Miss America in her early 70s paint scheame not sure who owned it back then any one with the answer to that one please enlighten me it has slipped my mind with the years
                I believe Howie Keefe owned her and raced her in the early 70s.

P-51 Mustang Survivors: Survivor Home. World War II, North American P-51A, P-51B, P-51C, P-51D, P-51H, F-51D, F-51H Mustang survivor in civilian ownership

Comment

Didn't Bud Granley race her for the Smyth's a few years? They are not listed as owners on MustangsMusatngs, however.
                  airplanenutleo@gmail.com

Comment

And she lived at Paine Field for awhile.
                    Bill Ammirata was the Crew Chief.
                    Fond memories.
                    Last edited by ShermB; 12-21-2010, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo View Post
                      Didn\'t Bud Granley race her for the Smyth\'s a few years? They are not listed as owners on MustangsMusatngs, however.
                      Ron & Jeanette Smythe bought her from Howie in the summer of 1982 and she moved up to Paine Field.

Ron was an interesting guy...had been blinded in an industrial accident and used the settlement to buy Miss America. He hired Bud to \'fly him around\' in the back seat, since he couldn\'t see...but still wanted to experience the feel, sound, and smell of it.

Bud raced in Reno 83, 84, and 85, and was pace plane pilot in Miss A at Moosejaw in 84 as well.

Joann Osterude was hired to replace Bud in 1986, but aside from a few airshows, the racing never materialized. Miss A didn\'t show up again unti Hamilton 88 where Bob Heale raced her, and again that fall at Reno where Chuck Hall flew.

The Smythe\'s sold Miss A in 1989. Can\'t remember who owned it, but that was when Ralph Twombly stepped in as pilot.

Comment

I tuned my newest design into more modern..other is nationlistic with flag.
                        Attached Files
                        http://max3fan.blogspot.com/

Comment

Maybe not the best "color scheme", but one of my favorite looking racers has always been Stiletto 84/5. All business.

Comment

Mike Loning race 2 the year it ground loup in 71. Shawn

Comment

I don't chime in too often but HABU and "79" RB51 is it for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Wingnut View Post
                                Maybe not the best \"color scheme\", but one of my favorite looking racers has always been Stiletto 84/5. All business.
                                Unpolished aluminum with a white turtledeck.....hmmmmm....interesting choice.

Comment

Working...
                                X