Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The best color scheme ever in a Reno Racer ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The best color scheme ever in a Reno Racer ?

Liked last Red Baron #5 alot...
    Last edited by KAHNZILLA; 08-31-2011, 04:58 PM.

Comment

I always thought that Lefty's Thunderbird was one of the best. I could be accused of being biased as I crewed it for 13 years and I would readily admit it but I heard a lot of the fans say the same thing over the years.

Comment

Originally posted by allison111 View Post
        I always thought that Lefty\'s Thunderbird was one of the best. I could be accused of being biased as I crewed it for 13 years and I would readily admit it but I heard a lot of the fans say the same thing over the years.
        When it had the tinted canopy in the 70\'s with the big 25 in the red box...yeah, that looked awesome. Didn\'t so much care for it after the clear canopy and stars & bars went on, though.

Comment

Blind Mans Bluff hands down for me. I was blessed to go to Reno my first time the one year(1987)it raced in that paint scheme and other than the Gee Bee Zs bright yellow and black scallops BMB is my all time favorite.
          Well, I guess my second favorite.

Comment

Loved many of the old ones, but today my choices are (in order)
            Voodoo, Rare Bear, and Riff Raff.
            There are also some beautiful color schemes in the IF-1 class.
            Betty

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

BMB really was sweet.

Comment

knottygirl 69 circa 2011

Comment

Originally posted by GeeBeeZ1931 View Post
                    Blind Mans Bluff hands down for me. I was blessed to go to Reno my first time the one year(1987)it raced in that paint scheme and other than the Gee Bee Zs bright yellow and black scallops BMB is my all time favorite.
                    Well, I guess my second favorite.
                    Now, you're talking. Gee Bee Z for me, too.

Comment

F1-69 Knotty Girl- Great Plane -Great Pilot. See you in Reno. Bob G
                      Lockheed Bob

Comment

Well, green and purple have been my favorite colors forever, so Voodoo!!!

However, my non reno fave race livery is the Laird Super Solution and this old black and yellow P-51, which I can't remember the name of...

Comment

I'm a bit biased to "Blind Man's Bluff" Paint scheme and as a matter of fact the entire Airplanes total look... My brothers, Dale and Larry Burton pretty much were responsible for the airplanes birth with the funding from Eric Lorenson... Dale did the paint scheme, silver leaf numbers and all. Race fans can probably tell that he was influenced greatly by Sprint car, Midget, and Indy car paint schemes. Dale was responsible for many, many, paint and lettering jobs on race cars in USAC and Indy cars for many years. The Indianapolis "Hall of Fame" Museum houses many of the original cars and restored cars he painted and or lettered on display there. rb

Comment

I love Super Corsair with Budweiser Light and that big red 1 on her tail!

Now then, I might as well get it over with... I really like Rare Bears current paint!
                            Tony

Comment

Originally posted by MUSNTCHIT View Post
                              I'm a bit biased to "Blind Man's Bluff" Paint scheme and as a matter of fact the entire Airplanes total look... My brothers, Dale and Larry Burton pretty much were responsible for the airplanes birth with the funding from Eric Lorenson... Dale did the paint scheme, silver leaf numbers and all. Race fans can probably tell that he was influenced greatly by Sprint car, Midget, and Indy car paint schemes. Dale was responsible for many, many, paint and lettering jobs on race cars in USAC and Indy cars for many years. The Indianapolis "Hall of Fame" Museum houses many of the original cars and restored cars he painted and or lettered on display there. rb
                              Hi RB; Glad you saw my post. I've had the priviledge of meeting Larry and the Dwelle family and they were even nice enough to let me acquire a piece of BMB that they had removed early in their ownership. What a treasure! Thank you for your part in that all too brief venture.
                              Bill K

Comment

While I'm partitial to the "Gold" bear, I'd have to give it to the F2G #57. Cool then and still cool now.

Comment

Working...
                                X