X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dago

Originally posted by Race5 View Post
    TF-8F?
    Ha!! At once offensively disturbing and LOL funny. Gonna be a long winter for air race fans...

Comment

Wayne, you went from "I'm not telling" to "here it is" in less the an hour... and with no one twisting your arm. You wouldn't do well in Resistance Training!
      Stevo

Blue Thunder Air Racing
      My Photos
      My Ride

Comment

Now, if he only knew the solution to worldwide free energy...well, we would ALL know it.
        I'm going to miss her but heck, it's his airplane.
        Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
        airplanenutleo@gmail.com
        thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

We already have "free" energy.

Dr. Banzi's Over-thruster. I snapped an over-thruster to my electric meter and now the power company sends me a check every month.
          Attached Files
          '71 S.D.1000, '85-'91,'94',95,'97-'99,'02,'04,'06,'08,'10,'13,'14 NCAR.

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
            PS.. I know more CHIT but I'm still in self-defeating-self-negotiations on what, I can share without receiving flack from where said "I know more" chit comes from..

Bottom line,there's a boat load of great folks involved in Air Racing, some of them choose to be less than forthcoming on what, exactly, their plans are for their chosen steed in a given year.. Who could blame em but, the intrepid reportr continues on and in most cases, gains more accurate information than most principals (participiants) would feel comfortable with public release.. llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
            Ya Wayne,
            You don"t want to risk the chance of a certain team picking up your room tab at the GS race week do ya?

Comment

Geeezzzzz Wayne.... your getting to be a cheep date in your old age bud....
              We used to have to feed you a few beers, and get a juicy story full of bad info going to get you to spill the beans...

The Bear going to Texas is rough... As far back as I can remember she's lived in Reno/Stead. But as Leo said.. it is an airplane.

Do you have any news on the speed record attempts? are they forthcoming, still being planned or has the idea been scrapped all together?

Comment

Record, they are a long way from attempting any record. No crew, no crew chief.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfee View Post
                  As far back as I can remember she\'s lived in Reno/Stead.
                  I must be BEYOND just \'getting old\'...because as far as I\'m concerned, the Bear just had a winter home at Stead.

The Bear\'s home was Van Nuys.

Comment

Yep, but That sure was a- 'Long Winter', though, ya havta admit.

The future for Unlimited Class Air Racing is always interesting & unpredictable. Change can be good. Let's see what's in store for the fans... I'm always hopeful things will end up working out f/the best in the long run, including Dago. (Some racers came back after a long hiatus too).

DBD

Comment

So forgive me for being stupid... but what does that ultimately mean if Rare Bear is moving to Texas? Just a new home? What will that change.
                      My heart starts beating again in September.

Comment

Originally posted by DWYER View Post
                        So forgive me for being stupid... but what does that ultimately mean if Rare Bear is moving to Texas? Just a new home? What will that change.
                        It means it will most likely be attended to by one of the best warbird shops in existence, and should be ready to race when she comes back to Reno. No more flight testing during the races etc. It will probably also mean having a race crew that knows Bearcats in general, and a safer operation. Of course they won't have the knowledge base of Cornell, Bill Hickle, Don Dull and the rest of the former crew, but it will be a start to what will hopefully be a good future.

Comment

...Or it'll be a very pretty blue and have an R-2800 on it!!!

Comment

I think you all will be thrilled with the new direction of Rare Bear. The discombobulated mess is over and the new chapter for RB is going to be awesome. Look forward to a strong, reliable (by racing standards) Rare Bear with an organized, knowledgable and dedicated crew. There is a truck load of talent involved in their new program and they are not fooling around.

JC

Comment

Originally posted by JCP View Post
                              There is a truck load of talent involved in their new program and they are not fooling around.
                              Not to be a skeptic here... but... So let's say Nelson Ezel and his wonderful group of talented restoration mechanics go hog wild and spend more money than Rod Lewis would have spent in thirty years of "per diem" on the "old" crew.. **ahem** and they just clean the darn crap outta that airplane and get it really.... ready...

Where is the knowledge base that brings the racer from where it is now... to racing in the top few of this rarefied airspace that is GOLD unlimited???

Crew's gone... Crew Chief is gone.. we've tried the "it's an airplane, anyone can work on it" theory and it clearly did not work....

They have a former winning airframe, probably one of the best 3350 race prepped engines in a long time... which the genius behind, is no longer around..

So, they get a healthy, modified bearcat on the flightline...I'm sure it'd beat a stock Bearcat any day but... Just sayin.. where is the GO FAST knowledge with this team?? How do they get back to going REALLY fast??

You have the answers?
                              Wayne Sagar
                              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
                                spend more money than Rod Lewis would have spent in thirty years of "per diem" on the "old" crew..
                                Quoted for awesomeness!

Comment

Working...
                                X